Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Joe Gomez

I think Hoever has struggled a bit too. Not as much as VDB, who looked out of his depth

When out of interest?

He played well against MK Dons and was one of our best players again Villa

I think Hoever has struggled a bit too. Not as much as VDB, who looked out of his depth

But neither anywhere Gomez level when he first played for us, although I imagine Gomez was a bit older?

Gomez was barely 18 when he made his debut for us - but played FB for the first couple of years before starting to get games at CB

When out of interest?

He played well against MK Dons and was one of our best players again Villa

Hoever?

I think he's done ok. Gave the ball away quite a bit iirc.Thought Williams looked more advanced at RB

Gomez was barely 18 when he made his debut for us - but played FB for the first couple of years before starting to get games at CB

precocious talent, Gomez

Yeah he was just 18 but looked so good Rodgers wanted to get him into the team so found a spot for him at LB.

He did well there, you could see he was going to make it from day one. It’s rare to see a player at 17/18 look immediately at home with the physicality and speed.

Watching Elliott at 16 he really stands out. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a player at 16 look as ready to play and contribute to the first team the way he does.

Edited by Leo No.8

Joe Gomez and Virgil Van Dijk’s record since being restored as a partnership in the PL on December 14.

0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0.

Raul Jiminez the only player to score against Liverpool in the last 990 PL minutes

Edited by Hassony

Joe Gomez and Virgil Van Dijk’s record since being restored as a partnership in the PL on December 14.

0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0.

Raul Jiminez the only player to score against Liverpool in the last 990 PL minutes

Another ridiculous statistic, but does it come with a VAR asterisk? ;)