Welcome Roberto Firmino

The more it seems liek he's exactly what we need, the more I wonder why we didn't look at him last summer. Maybe he wasn't ready. Maybe he wouldn't' have got a work permit.

Dunno mate.

Comes across like we are picking up Suarez 2-3 years before we actually did if you know what I mean...

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's more 80s Ross from Friends

I didn't predict a European Cup win in the Autumn of 2004 so I have a lot to learn. Keita goal today surely.

I think City can be really boring at times. Their ball retention is incredible but it can suck the life out of games a bit.    They’re obviously brilliant but I don’t think they’re especially e

Looking forward to seeing Firmino and Sturridge play together. It could potentially be a lethal partnership.

Don't get your hopes up. Love DS but I'm just classing him as not in the team, so it'll be a nice bonus when he actually is. Less painful that way!

Very positive signing in a number of respects. Firstly, he looks like he has the same ability to find space and finish which Suarez had and was clearly being sought by the likes of United. Secondly, the fact that the deal appears to have been done during the Copa America shows that we learned from how Arsenal courted Sanchez last summer. Thirdly, the speed with which we sealed the deal prevented it being highjacked by others and hopefully will encourage us to act swiftly in future.

I wonder whether Phil had a word?

Thanks Roberto, you were a great guy. Modest off the field, on the field of creative artists with train to the gate. I will miss his cabinet pieces. The best player we ever had. Thank you, thank you, thank you and all the best in Liverpoolicon_blue2_standard_frown.gif

They seemed to like him over at the 1899-forum, especially his carpentry skills. Seem pretty ecstatic with the fee though.

Edited by DJDunk

I'm not on a windup, it's just I'm finding it genuinely hard to get excited about someone I've never even heard of, and I'm also completely surprised we've managed to pull off the signing of someone with supposed genuinely quality that wants to join us AND that we've had the ability to pull it off.

And you've just got to question why that is.

Hope the lads boss, anyway, all of this is slightly tongue in cheek and the proof will be in the pudding. He's Brazilian though so he's got that going for him.

Why haven't you heard of him? He's been a big noise for a good 18 months , and loads of top clubs have been linked with him.

The more it seems liek he's exactly what we need, the more I wonder why we didn't look at him last summer. Maybe he wasn't ready. Maybe he wouldn't' have got a work permit.

We've definitely been linked to him in the past. No idea if there was ever anything in it, but I remember 'transfer gossip' about him in years gone by.