Welcome Roberto Firmino

5 hours ago, Swipe said:

He’s scored loads of vital goals in tight scrappy wins tbf.

His goals were so crucial last year. Spurs away, Chelsea away, Wolves away, Leicester away... plus making us world champions.

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Adrian.  

Really hope he turns his little slump around, we named our cat after him a couple of years ago, every time I look at bobby it reminds me bobby is off form and it's affecting the way I treat him around

Same day as Bobby Firmino? Well I did not know that.

Getting concerned now, when was the last time he genuinely had a good game?

He needs a rest by the look of things. Who in the squad can play upfront in the middle of the 3? Jota? Thiago? 

1 minute ago, Leo No.8 said:

He looks as low on confidence as I’ve ever seen him, no conviction in what he’s doing. He used to have so much swagger.

Since he found Jesus, he stopped finding the back of the net 

3 hours ago, Benzo-13 said:

Move Mo to the 9 and Jota to the left and Mané to the right.

That's breaking up 2 partnerships. Get Mane central, Jota on the left. Keep Salah-TAA as it is. Mane is like a Suarez-lite anyway - perfect for playing that CF role.

7 hours ago, growler said:

Bob always raises when there is a challenge. And now he has a challenge to keep his spot. 

he’ll come back with a vengeance soon. 

It's been a challenge for weeks. 

Rest him for Jota 

Only issue with that as a front line is that it isn't very big is it? Like Firmino isn't Kevin Francis or anything but he can mix it a bit in the air and while we're playing a centre back who's gonna have to have 'launch it' as an option we might have to persevere with him for a bit. 

51 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Only issue with that as a front line is that it isn't very big is it? Like Firmino isn't Kevin Francis or anything but he can mix it a bit in the air and while we're playing a centre back who's gonna have to have 'launch it' as an option we might have to persevere with him for a bit. 

Mane is loads better in the air than Bobby. Whether challenging for a high ball or attacking a cross

Edited by McBain
6 minutes ago, McBain said:

Mane is loads better in the air than Bobby. Whether challenging for a high ball or attacking a cross

Also, Jota appears to be reasonably handy in the air - so wouldn't lose too much at set pieces etc

1 hour ago, Hightown Phil said:

He's strong and can back in and keep it. Mane can do that too but shifting him inside might make him worse.

Bobby is playing far, far too deep and I can’t understand whether it’s just the way he’s playing or his instructions. It’s very hard to understand, the furthest forward of the three midfielders should be in the space he’s finding himself in (as Shaq was when he went off) and he should be further up.

Edited by Leo No.8
3 minutes ago, Leo No.8 said:

Bobby is playing far, far too deep and I can’t understand whether it’s just the way he’s playing or his instructions. It’s very hard to understand, the furthest forward of the three midfielders should be in the space he’s finding himself in (as Shaq was when he went off) and he should be further up.

There were a few slip ups by Fabianski in the first half that he’d usually snap up but he was miles from the action.

1 hour ago, PaulMcC186 said:

When do you think he's past it? If his form doesn't get better by the end of this season?

Be nice to see him play up front, then it’d be easier to make a judgement. He’s a sh*t midfielder, that much is clear, not got any of the right attributes to play there. 

He’s basically playing with his back to goal in midfield. 

Edited by Leo No.8

For me, the thing that has been most concerning re Bobby has been his interplay. His passing is off, his touch is far less assured and his choices are poor. He wasn’t ‘as bad’ in any of those elements yesterday as he has been, but he was still far from what his previous ‘usual standards’ were. 

I do think he looks laboured a lot more than he used to, which may tally with the rumour he had Covid-19 and he hasn’t fully recovered. Only problem is that the poor interplay has been a problem for a long time now and probably predates any possible infection.