Welcome Roberto Firmino

16 hours ago, muleskinner said:

Wouldn't swap him for anyone, irreplaceable right now.

Our track record with strikers is phenomenonal compared to other English clubs and I think there are players out there who'd step up and progress into another Anfield favourite but it'd be more difficult looking for another Bobby. 

It might be easier to sign a more traditional striker and adapt the midfield. 

It's a front three that Mourinho 1.0 would have loved and yet the current version just can't grasp. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's more 80s Ross from Friends

I didn't predict a European Cup win in the Autumn of 2004 so I have a lot to learn. Keita goal today surely.

I think City can be really boring at times. Their ball retention is incredible but it can suck the life out of games a bit.    They’re obviously brilliant but I don’t think they’re especially e

1 hour ago, Kvarme Ate My Food said:

Is our record with strikers that much better than other English clubs of comparable size?

Yeah probably.

Fowler, owen, suarez, torres, Salah, mane, firmino, Sturridge 

Pretty impressive list, doubt many other clubs will have anything similar in the past 30 years 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, sammy & a said:

Does anyone drop in the odd successful Nostradamus moment as much as psl.

I didn't predict a European Cup win in the Autumn of 2004 so I have a lot to learn.

Keita goal today surely.

• Like 1

He got 27 a couple of years ago which was loads. Mo got 44 and Mane got 19 or something I think.

I wonder if we’ll ever get that footy back without conceding a s*** tonne and games being in the balance.

That‘s the next evolution of the side. I think it was more aesthetically appealing than the admitted brilliance City produce but I think they have been a better watch over the past couple of years.

I reckon muleskinner and Hassony are already pounding the keyboard so just to clarify I would have swapped the last spell for anything and we have clearly been the best team in the world.

I think City can be really boring at times. Their ball retention is incredible but it can suck the life out of games a bit. 

They’re obviously brilliant but I don’t think they’re especially exciting. Not that it matters.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Swipe said:

I think City can be really boring at times. Their ball retention is incredible but it can suck the life out of games a bit. 

They’re obviously brilliant but I don’t think they’re especially exciting. Not that it matters.

Mind you we were very like City in our last game at Newcastle - passed them to death - and I really enjoyed it :)

18 minutes ago, Swipe said:

Our 16/17, 17/18 stuff was better to watch than standard City but I don't want to confuse the some of the chaos due to our inability to control a game with better football or better football to watch. I'm thinking the first hour or so of our Anfield game v Roma or the bits where we weren't letting Hoffenheim score.

I also don't want to sound like I'm throwing shade at City cos it would just be churlish.

31 minutes ago, Swipe said:

He's such a Guardiola striker. Pep would swap Gabriel Jesus in a heart beat for Firmino. If you gave Guardiola any striker in the Premier League to fill that central position, I'm convinced he would go for Firmino.

1 hour ago, Swipe said:

Agree.

It’s precision-engineered and extremely skillful but will they ever experience Big Div nodding in a 96th minute winner after a mistimed volley from a centreback?

Guardiola would probably refuse the points, the massive weirdo. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Stanley Leisure said:

It’s precision-engineered and extremely skillful but will they ever experience Big Div nodding in a 96th minute winner after a mistimed volley from a centreback?

Even when they thought they'd scored the winner late against Spurs in the CL last season the celebrations were "meh" at best.