• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wish more people were onto him.  I wish more people were onto him.  I wish more people were onto him.  I wish more people were onto him.  I’m not even going to edit that. I do wish

In 1995 I went to Marbella on a Sales Convention with Eagle Star. We had a 'mystery guest', to my absolute delight Big Jack turned up, to my even greater joy I was put in his four ball with him, Tony

Matt Hancock gone too. Not so sad.

Posted Images

12 hours ago, New York Red said:

John Lewis. 

Civil rights icon.

RIP

He was very good on Twitter with absolute imbeciles who mistook him for the department store. 

On 18/07/2020 at 14:14, Nerik said:

RIP Mr. Lewis. A true gent. 

He was a wonderful man. 

Such humility and compassion despite the barrage of abuse - verbal and physical - he endured. 

The US Senate (and the country) really needs many more guys like him right now, his passing at this particular point in time is such a very great loss. 

42 minutes ago, New York Red said:

What was his back story? Wasn’t he a fantastic guitarist who went a bit mad?

edit: Not like Syd Barrett. 

Suffered from schizophrenia I think.

Was a very good guitarist.

7 minutes ago, Jarg Armani said:

Oh well is a f*cking rammer.

What's a "rammer"?

Peter Green, Danny Kirwan and Jeremy Spencer were all members of Fleetwood Mac and all experienced differing degrees of mental illness. Supposedly it might have come from tripping at a commune in Munich.

11 hours ago, New York Red said:

Peter Green, Danny Kirwan and Jeremy Spencer were all members of Fleetwood Mac and all experienced differing degrees of mental illness. Supposedly it might have come from tripping at a commune in Munich.

Just reading up on this, only Peter Green went to the commune and he didn't describe any negative effects at the time. He did blame his schizophrenia on LSD, but not that specific incident.

13 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

Just reading up on this, only Peter Green went to the commune and he didn't describe any negative effects at the time. He did blame his schizophrenia on LSD, but not that specific incident.

I read about it as well. Uschi Obermaier was a sort wasn’t she.

12 hours ago, dorgie said:

Olivia de Haviland, aged 104. RIP.

When I was a kid I used to stay with my grandparents a lot and they had a book that I used to love looking at. It was a spin-off of the Errol Flynn/Olivia De Haviland Adventures Of Robin Hood movie. That was fifty years ago and the book seemed ancient even then (it had technicolour colour plates in it). It's mind-boggling to think that she was still alive up until a few days ago.

Edited by charlie clown
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, muleskinner said:

Denise Johnson, most famous for her work on Screamadelica, has died.

Ahh man that's sad. She can't have been much more than 50

Great voice.

RIP

Really sad that, been following her on twitter and she was just about to put an album out.

She had such charisma on stage, I remember an 18 year old me scrabbling to catch the water bottle she threw into the crowd.