• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• New York Red

• Sir Tokyo Sexwale

• Stevie H

• Swan Red

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just total relief - I'm actually far more emotional than I thought I would be at the news that Macca won't be moving back to the UK now 

"Between a c**k and a charred place"

Harry Maguire's career surely can't recover from this

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Stevie H said:

I so, so want Trump dead. Just die you despicable c***.

Share the sentiment, him talking about immigrants having low IQ and being the least racist person in this world was f***ing despicable.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, New York Red said:

Here’s my final prediction. I’m going to go for it now.
Electoral College: 340-198 to Biden. 
Biden wins AZ, FL, IA, MI, NC, PA, WI
Trump wins GA, OH, TX
In the Senate, Democrats turn AZ, CO, IA, ME, NC. Republicans turn AL.
In the House, Democrats net fifteen seats to end up 247-188.

i'll settle for that

15 hours ago, Nebraska Red said:

Mission accomplished for the day.  Got to all of our houses and got absolutely soaked in the process. We went into a predominantly African American neighborhood in Bunnell as our colleagues from Palm Coast wouldn't or couldn't be arsed to visit. We met some really nice people, many of whom are in dire situations.  We were the first political people, from either party, to go into their neighborhood for years. 

No more door to door. Next week they'll be transporting people to the election office to vote or  drop off ballots. I am not doing  that for health reasons. I will be co ordinating and organizing the pick up maps. 

Not that it matters, at 61, I am the youngest volunteer in our area. Even in 2020, it's hard to get young people off the couch. 

I don't think Biden inspires young people tbf. I don't think he inspires anyone.

7 hours ago, New York Red said:

Here’s my final prediction. I’m going to go for it now.
Electoral College: 340-198 to Biden. 
Biden wins AZ, FL, IA, MI, NC, PA, WI
Trump wins GA, OH, TX
In the Senate, Democrats turn AZ, CO, IA, ME, NC. Republicans turn AL.
In the House, Democrats net fifteen seats to end up 247-188.

I'd settle for a boring 1-0 win 

42 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

I don't think Biden inspires young people tbf. I don't think he inspires anyone.

Sanders did (as does the brilliant AOC), but no one really cares what young people think

Just now, Hassony said:

Sanders did (as does the brilliant AOC), but no one really cares what young people think

They offer young people nothing then give them grief for not liking the s***e being offered. Just offer something slightly decent and more people will be more involved. 

When is AOC eligible to be nominated for President?

She's great and Trump is clearly threatened by her as he mentioned her by name twice in the last debate.

Him questioning how intelligent she is and saying she doesn't understand climate change was a highlight

20 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

you have to be 35 years old in the US - she just turned 31 so 2024 she would be eligible

Isn't there an issue where she's too young at the point of nomination? 

20 minutes ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

you have to be 35 years old in the US - she just turned 31 so 2024 she would be eligible

Didn't someone point out that she becomes 35 after a cut-off date?

dunno about that. Typical if so, but can't see her running in 4y either way

According to Article II of the U.S. Constitution, the president must be a natural-born citizen of the United States, be at least 35 years old, and have been a resident of the United States for 14 years.

don't see a cut-off anywhere (in about a minute's worth of searching)

10 minutes ago, McBain said:

Isn't there an issue where she's too young at the point of nomination? 

i think it's your age at taking office - so not when you win the election but when you're sworn in.

Never happened involving a US president - but Biden himself was elected Senator aged 29 but didn't take office until after his 30th birthday so all ok.

Really though - it's just more silly rules because America thinks some racist f***ers 200 years ago knew the answers to everything

• Like 2

Why the hell anyone would think that someone in their late 70's or older is better able to do a job like that than a 34 year old.

Surely to goodness anyone can see that a younger, more energetic person is better equipped than a wheezing pensioner who spent most their life living in a world that's radically different to the current one.

1 hour ago, Tommok said:

Why the hell anyone would think that someone in their late 70's or older is better able to do a job like that than a 34 year old.

Surely to goodness anyone can see that a younger, more energetic person is better equipped than a wheezing pensioner who spent most their life living in a world that's radically different to the current one.

To be fair, Biden's record of working across the aisle is pretty good and the Republicans respect him. Politics has been increasingly partisan after 2008, especially with McConnell's antics, but a girl can dream.

• Like 1

I just watched the abbreviated version on Sky News. Trump is f*cked if he can't bully, bluster and talk over people, he'd have been better off not agreeing to the debate, Joe wiped his arsse for him.