• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• New York Red

• Sir Tokyo Sexwale

• Stevie H

• Swan Red

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just total relief - I'm actually far more emotional than I thought I would be at the news that Macca won't be moving back to the UK now 

"Between a c**k and a charred place"

Harry Maguire's career surely can't recover from this

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Jim D said:

f*** I miss Obama. Listening to his speech in Philadelphia. It's so f***ing refreshing to hear a President talk sense.

He still killed thousands of innocent people. I couldn't care less how people speak while they act like a scumbag.

1 minute ago, PaulMcC186 said:

He still killed thousands of innocent people. I couldn't care less how people speak while they act like a scumbag.

Still true

On 24/02/2020 at 19:00, Gethin said:

It’s basically the South Park “Giant Douche vs Turd Sandwich” episode 

Just now, PaulMcC186 said:

So did every other President. Obama was never a serious threat to Democracy, Trump is, Trump is dangerous.

2 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

So every president is scum? But Obama speaks better?

I'm not going down this rabbit hole with you because we'll be here all night. If I had to choose between Trump and Obama, it's Obama every single time.

On 20/10/2020 at 12:18, cymrococh said:

It's not clear from Candace Owens' wiki biography how privileged she is, but she went from dropping out of university practically straight into an internship at Vogue so at the very least she must have had friends in high places.

Yet more proof that it's nothing to do with race

https://www.vice.com/en/article/dy8gky/50-cent-endorses-donald-trump 

If that 50 cent tweet doesn’t delineate the real them and us in the world then f*** knows what will

Just now, Jim D said:

I'm not going down this rabbit hole with you because we'll be here all night. If I had to choose between Trump and Obama, it's Obama every single time.

You don't have to choose between 2 scumbags. You could push for better. Biden isn't better

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/12/president-obamas-weak-defense-of-his-record-on-drone-strikes/511454/

Is this lies? 

1 minute ago, PaulMcC186 said:

You don't have to choose between 2 scumbags. You could push for better. Biden isn't better

Oh I totally agree but here in the USA, there is only two parties in it because of the nature of it's political system. A strong third party just isn't going to happen, so you got to vote for the candidate who best matches your values. 

• Like 1
Just now, Jim D said:

Oh I totally agree but here in the USA, there is only two parties in it because of the nature of it's political system. A strong third party just isn't going to happen, so you got to vote for the candidate who best matches your values. 

There's no candidates in the democrats who isn't a scumbag? 

Maybe that means there is no decent party.

7 minutes ago, PaulMcC186 said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/12/president-obamas-weak-defense-of-his-record-on-drone-strikes/511454/

Is this lies? 

who was the last leader in the UK or US you can genuinely be happy about? 

We're not going to get a panacea ever

3 minutes ago, Gethin said:

Interested why you wouldn't have done that before now?

At the local level I have reelected Republican candidates because imo they have done a good job in my area and community. But Trump disgusts me so much that I just felt this time I had to send a message to the Republican Party.

22 minutes ago, Jim D said:

At the local level I have reelected Republican candidates because imo they have done a good job in my area and community. But Trump disgusts me so much that I just felt this time I had to send a message to the Republican Party.

I've done exactly the same when we were in Nebraska. What you see over here on the ballot are, sometimes, dozens of positions that are up for re election. Our ballot in Flagler County was 4 pages long. We had to vote for a mosquito control officer at the bottom up to President. Add 5 or 6 state amendments and the mail in ballot was like an A level paper.

Sometimes you do your research and realize that the Republican or non affiliated candidate is the best for the job.

I'm out again tomorrow  morning with 300 houses to visit. My neighbor spent today picking up and driving elderly voters to the election office and drop box.

35 minutes ago, Nebraska Red said:

I've done exactly the same when we were in Nebraska. What you see over here on the ballot are, sometimes, dozens of positions that are up for re election. Our ballot in Flagler County was 4 pages long. We had to vote for a mosquito control officer at the bottom up to President. Add 5 or 6 state amendments and the mail in ballot was like an A level paper.

Sometimes you do your research and realize that the Republican or non affiliated candidate is the best for the job.

I'm out again tomorrow  morning with 300 houses to visit. My neighbor spent today picking up and driving elderly voters to the election office and drop box.

That's cool NR, let's hope both Georgia and Florida deliver for Biden.

Edited by Jim D
20 hours ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

yeah - that NYT article I posted says it's basically him, his own campaign manager & strategist doing as he wants (going to states he's a safe win in, to milk the adulation of the crowd) while his 'team' are scared to try to change him & sounding out post-Trump jobs in DC if they can get them. Sounds like a proper car crash

Now watch him win 🤢

need a bigger margin than that

The election’s done. I don’t get how people are looking at the data and panicking. It’s almost as annoying as the “we haven’t won the league yet” crew when the European Champions are sat 16 points clear.

Is there some kick out of panicking on the internet?

So if I've got this right, he's gone through a full interview, ended up having drinks with an underage interviewer in a hotel room where he's on the bed jerking himself off and... he's not been had? Because from where I'm standing that looks, just a teeny-weeny little bit, like being had.

Edited by charlie clown
2 hours ago, sammy & a said:

The election’s done. I don’t get how people are looking at the data and panicking. It’s almost as annoying as the “we haven’t won the league yet” crew when the European Champions are sat 16 points clear.

Is there some kick out of panicking on the internet?

I think the main panic (it's less panic & more caution) is that some crucial states are still close enough, like PA & FL.

But the reality is - unless we get exactly the same outcome as last time - really unlikely - then Trump has to turn some blue states red and that's also really unlikely.

538 gives Trump a 25% chance of winning at least one state that the Dems won in 2016 - you wouldn't fancy your chances there, and 96% that Biden wins at least one that went Republican in 2016. 

Trump won it by 77 EC votes last time, and obviously it's zero-sum so say all else is identical but FL goes Dem then he still wins by 19.

48 minutes ago, drdooom said:

I think he didn't know about the camera in the hotel room when he said that.

I wonder what his thoughts on the matter are today.

Well I for one am completely convinced by his account of things - that he was just rummaging around in his pants to remove some microphone equipment.

Nothing to see here ;)