The US President

On 22/09/2020 at 15:21, Jim D said:

Well they will get their judge. I'm afraid the Republicans don't give a s*** about norms. They've violated them on numerous occasions in the Senate and their President does it at will.

The Democrats have got to start playing dirty because they're bringing a knife to a gun fight. It is imperative they win back the Senate and the Presidency this November so they can stack the Court. To restore balance back to the Court they'll need to add at least three more judges.

I am really worried for millions of people in this country. What effect will having a 6-3 Republican Court have on Women's Rights, Voting Rights, Civil Rights and LGBTQ Rights. Like we're heading back in time to the 1950s.

On 22/09/2020 at 15:32, Jim D said:

I used to believe in the mantra of "If they go low, then we go high" but I'm afraid in US Politics it doesn't matter anymore. The political make up of the country has become so partisan, divided and toxic. The Republican Party has a major advantage when it comes to the Electoral College and the Senate despite the fact the majority of Americans now vote for the Democrats. I fear there will be more radical moves from both sides down the road and I can see the country splintering into two.

People say Joe Biden can unite the country, bring us all together, since he has a good record in crossing the aisle and passing bipartisan bills in the Senate. But that was 20-30 years ago, the country is too far gone, Trump has done irreparable damage by pandering to the worst of his base. Look at Graham, look at his colleagues in the Senate, they're on tape saying they will not consider a nominee back in 2016 after tossing Garland aside. Now they're on tv today lying to the American people, going back on their word because they know it doesn't matter anymore because they see how Trump's lying has no consequences.

23 hours ago, Stevie H said:

I don't know how you're supposed to win a game where only one side plays by the rules. The Republican Party is a criminal organization and happy to flout the law to get and retain power. The game has been so thoroughly rigged that I don't know how the Democrats are going to ever get back into power to change the rules again.

This all treats everything like there are these good guys call The Democrats. They are every bit part of the issue.

• Replies 24.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• New York Red

• Sir Tokyo Sexwale

• Stevie H

• Swan Red

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Harry Maguire's career surely can't recover from this

Went out door to door this morning encouraging registered Democrats to vote in Flagler County. We left door hangers at about 150 houses and interracted with some really appreciative people. We did enc

When she turns into a rich, racist, white old man 

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Cobs said:

:nono: his brain was missing

He went on a 'pilgrimage' to Ireland to seek out his roots and handily pick up the Irish American vote on the way through. Spitting Image found his closest living relative, a talking potato..

21 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

This all treats everything like there are these good guys call The Democrats. They are every bit part of the issue.

They're by far, by f***ing miles, the least worst option. And that's all you're going to get. There is no perfect in this instance, there's only any alternative whatsoever to what is becoming pretty open and blatant fascism and a very frightening future.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sammy & a said:

No way as I have already explained the GOP know their voters are dying out, they're becoming increasingly desperate in trying to cling onto power in anyway as possible. McConnell knew this it is why they've stacked the judiciary with Conservative judges. Lose the House, Senate and Presidency more often than not? Doesn't matter the judges will be their to stop any bill becoming law.

He's going to announce victory after about three states' results are in and denounce all late-arriving ballots as fixed/rigged. There is absolutely no chance in hell he runs a free and fair election here and takes any result on the chin. It's going to be stolen in broad daylight.

1 hour ago, Stevie H said:

He's going to announce victory after about three states' results are in and denounce all late-arriving ballots as fixed/rigged. There is absolutely no chance in hell he runs a free and fair election here and takes any result on the chin. It's going to be stolen in broad daylight.

What's even more of a concern the only people in Congress who have any power of asking him to leave are the Republicans. They've proven already they bow to him whims and desires.

Nope. 

If he wins = it's fair, if he loses = it's rigged. He's a 5 year old.

Texas is a big bellwether - it's neck & neck there, although I still think he'll win that state by 3-5% (it's been double digits most of the elections since Carter) - but if he does lose TX, he has no mandate. He cannot conceivably claim to have won or it (the GE) is rigged.

He lost the popular vote last time by 2.7m. Irrespective of the electoral college, I'd expect him to lose it by more this time. If he loses by say 5m or more, even with a tight electoral college in favour of the Dems, he can't push ahead.

The EU should - but won't - treat him like a dictator if the worst happens, and freeze his overseas assets, put travel bans on his cabinet etc

Edited by Sir Tokyo Sexwale
9 hours ago, New York Red said:

Do you actually think that they are as bad as the Republicans?

In some ways they are worse. In many ways they are not as bad.

They are definitively an organisation that has allowed evil and suffering to flourish.

1 hour ago, Tommok said:

2 hours ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

The Transition Project - have read about this elsewhere, war games on possible moves by Trump based on varying election outcomes. None of it is particularly rosy

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-if-trump-loses-and-wont-leave/

McConnell has promised an orderly transition of power”

15 hours ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

Nope. 

If he wins = it's fair, if he loses = it's rigged. He's a 5 year old.

Texas is a big bellwether - it's neck & neck there, although I still think he'll win that state by 3-5% (it's been double digits most of the elections since Carter) - but if he does lose TX, he has no mandate. He cannot conceivably claim to have won or it (the GE) is rigged.

He lost the popular vote last time by 2.7m. Irrespective of the electoral college, I'd expect him to lose it by more this time. If he loses by say 5m or more, even with a tight electoral college in favour of the Dems, he can't push ahead.

The EU should - but won't - treat him like a dictator if the worst happens, and freeze his overseas assets, put travel bans on his cabinet etc

I agree with that. The US would need to be treated like the banana republic that it would be.

15 hours ago, sammy & a said:

In some ways they are worse. In many ways they are not as bad.

They are definitively an organisation that has allowed evil and suffering to flourish.

How and what have they allowed and could they have done anything about it? I’m not being difficult here. I’m just genuinely curious about what you think.