Sign in to follow this  
New York Red

The US President

On 22/02/2020 at 05:18, New York Red said:

It’s more complicated than that. It’s a case of how many voters each candidate can muster if the rivals are eliminated. How many Bernie supporters would vote for Bloomberg if Bloomberg got the nomination. And vice versa, how many middle-of-the-road Democrats would vote for Bernie. It’s a fractured party that needs to come together for a much greater good. Not a specific political agenda at all costs.

Bloomberg isn’t deserving of a vote. There will be no difference to the lives of those who need government to make a difference if it’s him or Trump. Some of their lives might be considerably worse.

So much for the non endorsement by the Culinary Workers Union. Didn't stop their members voting for Bernie.

It's looking like he's smashed it in Nevada through most demographics. Some saying 52%. That looks like a majority to me.

55 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

Bloomberg isn’t deserving of a vote. There will be no difference to the lives of those who need government to make a difference if it’s him or Trump. Some of their lives might be considerably worse.

Sanders supporters are already saying that they cannot and will not vote for Bloomberg and rightly so.

What are the chances of Sanders going through these primaries like Liverpool through the league 19/20

6 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

What are the chances of Sanders going through these primaries like Liverpool through the league 19/20

And then the Premier League saying that they couldn't give the title to Liverpool cos they don't ever win anything and then awarding the title to Spurs instead?

10 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

And then the Premier League saying that they couldn't give the title to Liverpool cos they don't ever win anything and then awarding the title to Spurs instead?

The argument would be that if you combined the points of all the non Liverpool teams then they actually did better

44 minutes ago, pipnasty said:

And then the Premier League saying that they couldn't give the title to Liverpool cos they don't ever win anything and then awarding the title to Corona virus instead?

My main worry 

Yeah good that.

Can't help but imagine the Democrat party elders sat around at the minute plotting about how they are going to screw Sanders out of the nomination though.

10 hours ago, Kvarme Ate My Food said:

If you could choose to have either Sanders or Bloomberg as President, which would you prefer?

Bloomberg. 

12 hours ago, Kvarme Ate My Food said:

If you could choose to have either Sanders or Bloomberg as President, which would you prefer?

Sanders, every day of the week. This country  needs real change and a kick up  the ass, Bloomberg will maintain the status quo without the hate and racism.

2 hours ago, Stevie H said:

For purely selfish reasons? Tax? Something else?

Tax makes no difference. Unless there is a seismic change in the laws, I pay the maximum whack and that isn’t going to change. And I’m OK with that.

In fact, I would be happy to pay more than I do. I pay plenty in donations that could instead go to a well-intentioned, well-structured social benefit system.

My reasons are:

1. Bloomberg is less of a seismic change and is more acceptable to the general population.

2. Bloomberg would stand a far better chance of working with Congress and actually getting legislation passed.

3. He’d be more unifying to a terribly fractured society.

4. He’s far healthier. He insists on walking and carrying his own bag when playing golf. No easy feat by anyone, let alone an old fella. Bernie’s heart attack is not something to discard easily.

5. I believe he is a great balance between being socially responsible and making the economy thrive.

6. He’ll be able to tap in to  a really strong staff to turn things around after the damage done by this corrupt gang has done in the last four years.

37 minutes ago, New York Red said:

He insists on walking and carrying his own bag when playing golf. No easy feat by anyone, let alone an old fella.

The fact that you would include this as a reason why someone should be president is beyond incredible.

7 hours ago, Maldini said:

This is great

Haha! Her face change when he starts naming names

39 minutes ago, kop205 said:

The fact that you would include this as a reason why someone should be president is beyond incredible.

It is a real life illustration of the frailty of one candidate versus another. 

In my opinion, what is beyond incredible is the belief by far too many that the idealism of a candidate is more important than the removal of a despot who is a generational danger to the world.

2 minutes ago, New York Red said:

In my opinion, what is beyond incredible is the belief by far too many that the idealism of a candidate is more important than the removal of a despot who is a generational danger to the world.

He asked you who you would prefer as president not who you would prefer as candidate 

3 hours ago, Nebraska Red said:

Sanders, every day of the week. This country  needs real change and a kick up  the ass, Bloomberg will maintain the status quo without the hate and racism.

This is a really naive view on Bloomberg, hate and racism

3 minutes ago, sammy & a said:

He asked you who you would prefer as president not who you would prefer as candidate 

Follow the thread.

9 minutes ago, New York Red said:

Do you know who America's 10th highest paid athlete is? It's Donald Trump. Based on the amount of taxpayer money that has gone to funding his golf trips.

America really needs a president who has hopefully never even picked up a f***ing golf club.

16 minutes ago, New York Red said:

Don't you think the removal of the despot is linked to the idealism of the candidate that's supposed to remove him?

8 minutes ago, Stevie H said:

Do you know who America's 10th highest paid athlete is? It's Donald Trump. Based on the amount of taxpayer money that has gone to funding his golf trips.

America really needs a president who has hopefully never even picked up a f***ing golf club.

What the f*ck does that have to do with the election? 

A moral President would realize that golf is a luxury and should rarely be played when you have the job. End of story. A President should never be racking up bills like Trump does without a care in the world. 

Edited by New York Red

30 minutes ago, New York Red said:

Follow the thread.

I have. You would rather live in Bloomberg’s world than Sanders’. You don’t need to talk about who you would prefer the nominee to be as you have already said who you prefer the President to be.

28 minutes ago, New York Red said:

What the f*ck does that have to do with the election? 

A moral President would realize that golf is a luxury and should rarely be played when you have the job. End of story. A President should never be racking up bills like Trump does without a care in the world. 

There are no moral billionaires.

45 minutes ago, New York Red said:

Setting aside the usual hubris present in your 'Here's a little titbit that lets you know me and Bloomberg have crossed paths and inhabit the same mover and shaker world', there was so much wrong with that post.

if you think Bloomberg is the answer then Trump's only fault for you is that he can't be arsed wearing the mask that the likes of Bloomberg would wear. He just needs to dial down the racism and stuff, leave it behind the doors of the 19th hole, not give people an insight into what that world is really like, and he would basically be delivering loads of what you want. I get that you don't like him as a man but there is nothing intrinsically objectionable about him to you on an ideological level.

You say you would happily pay more tax even if it would involve seismic change, then in the next breath promote Bloomberg over Sanders precisely because Bloomberg doesn't want seismic change.

You say the country don't want seismic change,  ignoring the fact that for loads of people the reason  they voted for Trump was precisely that he claimed to offer just that - the kicker of course being that he offers nothing of the sort.

Your system, your country are utterly broken. Try something different.