New York Red

The US President

I soooo hope this is true

Clinton launched the slogan at a campaign appearance in Raleigh, North Carolina, where she told supporters, “On Day One of my Administration, I will work for you. I will fight for you. And I will not blow up the planet.” 

But, even as Clinton spoke, the slogan came under fire from Donald Trump’s campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway, who said that it reflected “the failed policies of the past.” 

“The American people have just had eight years of a President who didn’t blow up the planet,” Conway said. “Donald Trump is offering something different.”

Latest polls and early voting indications are all good news for Clinton.538 has her back up at 69.5% chance of winning and with Florida and Nevada leaning towards Dem.

There's suggestions that the majority of voters in Florida have already voted. So that state could announce quite early.

Are there many paths to victory for Trump without Florida?

There's suggestions that the majority of voters in Florida have already voted. So that state could announce quite early.

Are there many paths to victory for Trump without Florida?

the majority but theres still a hell of a lot who could vote. because the panhandle is in the next time zone then some of the stations there won;t close until 8pm eastern. then they have to let everyone who was in line at that time vote. then count - 10pm eastern to announce unless its a landslide. North carolina is the first big one - if that votes clinton its goodnight Donald. He can make it without Florida but its unlikely. Its all about the senate at that point.

interesting living here in a county that has historically been red - lots of new people moving in and the old boys are losing power and don;t like it. 

Dow is surging today on the belief that HRC is going to win. Up almost 350 points.

Where was the deluge of stories like this one last week?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/billionaire-david-tepper-trump-is-father-of-lies-when-it-comes-to-charitable-giving-2016-11-07?siteid=yhoof2

He's a tightfisted liar according to this guy.

yeah the markets all said brexit was going to be a remain vote as well. don't trust them f***ers.

still plenty of time for more dirty tricks. some vote machine hacking in florida or michigan. i just don't see them horrible b*****ds giving this up without a fight and certainly not to the margins that the LA times etc are predicting.

A side question for those who know about these things: If Clinton wins, will there be a big boost for the dollar and, consequently, will the pound be heading much closer towards parity?

Edited by Michael

A side question for those who know about these things: If Clinton wins, will there be a big boost for the dollar and, consequently, will the pound be heading much closer towards parity?

Dow already going up. Pound is up to just under $1.25. Things are moving, not sure who gets the benefits.

Latest projection is 322-216 in favor of HRC.

Guy on MSNBC is the spitting image of LFC's old owner, John Moores.

Edited by Nebraska Red

Dow already going up. Pound is up to just under $1.25. Things are moving, not sure who gets the benefits.

The pound surged somewhat when the Brexit polls closed and the markets were confident Remain had won. Think this time the markets will be right, but I'm not counting chickens until they announce Florida. 

coulter's lost the plot entirely.

"If only people with at least 4 grandparents born in America were voting, Trump would win in a 50-state landslide."

At least 4? :)

i think she's counting great-grandparents in that, like her own german/irish immigrant heritage. 

trump's mother was german-born so she's disqualified her own candidate there.

Latest projection is 322-216 in favor of HRC.

Guy on MSNBC is the spitting image of LFC's old owner, John Moores.

Have to say that I am at the point where I want more than that, and the down ballot overwhelmingly D.

I want him destroyed with no ability to say it was rigged or whatever and the R's hammered for supporting him and then tear themselves to bits in the post-mortem

Sadly, I don't think that'll happen.

coulter's lost the plot entirely.

"If only people with at least 4 grandparents born in America were voting, Trump would win in a 50-state landslide."

She was on newsnight with Martin Amis last night. She is extremely put out and has to get uppity on average every forty seconds.

She was on newsnight with Martin Amis last night. She is extremely put out and has to get uppity on average every forty seconds.

she was on bill maher's show a couple of weeks ago and was clearly gakked up. wouldn't let him get a word in edgeways. 

No-one knows for sure. But common sense would suggest:

Trump wins - dollar collapses. Sterling heads to 1.30 and possibly plays around in the 1.30/135 range for the rest of the year.

Hillary wins - dollar strengthens a bit but settles down quite quickly. Sterling stays in the ~1.20/1.25 range that it's been in for the last month or so.

My offer is open, evens at Clinton +6

This was a bad line for me to draw, I think Clinton wins by 6 but on reflection offering +6 at evens was a mistake. +3 is probably a better line. 

This is my map from 270toWin.com, you can go and plug your expected winner in the various states.

nyrJv.png

I now think Ohio is really really optimistic and while I wouldn't be shocked I now think Ohio red and NH blue without the CD going red is the better shout with Clinton 323.