By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The US President

New York Red

tbf for those of us far enough away from it to not be overwhelmed by it that'll get kinda interesting

I'm in a pretty quiet state in political terms - the whole North East is pretty quiet when it comes down to these things - so we'll miss some of the ludicrous advertising, but the national news will be just wall to wall coverage of every tiny tidbit. A pity they don't apply the same microscope to politics when there are no elections going on, but poking apart racist policy making and the degradation of women's rights through state law isn't as sexy as showing the latest clip of Trump calling Bush a bulb with a weak light.

"We're gonna make our military so big and so strong and so great," said Donald J. Trump aboard a second world war US battleship. "It will be so powerful that I don't think we're ever going to have to use it. Nobody's going to mess with us."

leaving him more time to w*nk over his daughter I guess

Are you for real America? Is this all a build up to a film release or something?

"We're gonna make our military so big and so strong and so great," said Donald J. Trump aboard a second world war US battleship. "It will be so powerful that I don't think we're ever going to have to use it. Nobody's going to mess with us."

leaving him more time to w*nk over his daughter I guess

Are you for real America? Is this all a build up to a film release or something?

You're not seeing the complete contempt that he is being treated with almost everywhere outside the (relatively) small world of the GOP voters and their ilk. The whole Republican candidate race is being treated as a massive circus and everyone is just grabbing a box of popcorn so they can sit back, point and laugh.

You're not seeing the complete contempt that he is being treated with almost everywhere outside the (relatively) small world of the GOP voters and their ilk. The whole Republican candidate race is being treated as a massive circus and everyone is just grabbing a box of popcorn so they can sit back, point and laugh.

how is he allowed to open his fat mouth after what he said about his daughter? Isn't that like "game over"?

how is he allowed to open his fat mouth after what he said about his daughter? Isn't that like "game over"?

Have you not seen the way the right wingers fetishise their daughter's virginity? They're awesomely creepy with the whole purity ring thing and the ceremonies attached to it are downright horrible. A father being overly involved in thinking about their daughter's sexuality is about as spot on for a right wing type as you can get. I bet a lot of people in GOP-land nodded their heads in complete sympathy when he said that.

Have you not seen the way the right wingers fetishise their daughter's virginity? They're awesomely creepy with the whole purity ring thing and the ceremonies attached to it are downright horrible. A father being overly involved in thinking about their daughter's sexuality is about as spot on for a right wing type as you can get. I bet a lot of people in GOP-land nodded their heads in complete sympathy when he said that.

Tbh this is a new phenomenon on me.

However, these pervert fathers you describe are only one vote per household. That's got to be a small marginal demographic he is turning on with his incest patter and not all of them work in journalism surely to God!

I would just have thought something like that would be a fatal slip of the tongue like if he said he likes to eat a plate of hot sh*t for his Sunday dinner yum yum and the media circus instantly switches off and checks out.

I'm in a pretty quiet state in political terms - the whole North East is pretty quiet when it comes down to these things - so we'll miss some of the ludicrous advertising, but the national news will be just wall to wall coverage of every tiny tidbit. A pity they don't apply the same microscope to politics when there are no elections going on, but poking apart racist policy making and the degradation of women's rights through state law isn't as sexy as showing the latest clip of Trump calling Bush a bulb with a weak light.

i'm fairly lucky in that I get to view US politics though a largely none nuts lens. I can also pick and choose how much of it I pay attention to which is significantly less than it would be if I was subjected to the kind of coverage you will be. It's a big election though and the Republican race is interesting not just because Trump is #1 but, more astonishingly almost is Carson at #2

i'm fairly lucky in that I get to view US politics though a largely none nuts lens. I can also pick and choose how much of it I pay attention to which is significantly less than it would be if I was subjected to the kind of coverage you will be. It's a big election though and the Republican race is interesting not just because Trump is #1 but, more astonishingly almost is Carson at #2

It is like watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail and never seeing them get arrested at the end. It just gets sillier and sillier and sillier. Rachel Maddow is going to explode from the sheer volume of hilariously ridiculous news these lunatics are generating and I sympathise entirely.

Tbh this is a new phenomenon on me.

However, these pervert fathers you describe are only one vote per household. That's got to be a small marginal demographic he is turning on with his incest patter and not all of them work in journalism surely to God!

I would just have thought something like that would be a fatal slip of the tongue like if he said he likes to eat a plate of hot sh*t for his Sunday dinner yum yum and the media circus instantly switches off and checks out.

The media started reporting the f*** ups expecting a backlash, but when none came they just decided to go with the insanity. Anything goes right now.

I'm not surprised though. Leading elected officials on the Republican side have been calling Obama anti-American and suggesting Clinton is in league with the Chinese to destroy America in public and on the record for the last 10 years so someone aiming for the top job from that side of the political fence has a very high bar to get over when it comes to things to say that will generate interest from the asylum inmates already jaded by years of idiocy.

Edited by DanielS

carson is terrible, the things he's come out with are astounding

says a lot that the two biggest loons are at 1 & 2

I watched that last night. Was hilarious. I also saw part of Trumps speech and was shocked at how little he actually says. Hearing the sound bites the next day is one thing, but actually listening to his incoherent, sometimes confused rambling it becomes terrifyingly apparent that the people who are supporting him have lost all attachment to sanity.

I watched that last night. Was hilarious. I also saw part of Trumps speech and was shocked at how little he actually says. Hearing the sound bites the next day is one thing, but actually listening to his incoherent, sometimes confused rambling it becomes terrifyingly apparent that the people who are supporting him have lost all attachment to sanity.

He's perfect for his audience. It's all they can comprehend.

the which woman should be on the $10 bill question was hilarious - not one of them was expecting it and it showed by how many said "my wife" or "my mother".

jeb bush genuinely said thatcher. bizarre.

Hahaha. I'm pretty confident that will never happen. There would be a better chance of Madonna being on it. I don't know what's wrong with Hamilton anyway. Do the $20 instead; Jackson was a c*nt-and-a-half

Those questions were really stupid. A total waste of time.

Trump is such a massive liar as well as a blowhard. No substance, all bluster and hollow claims.

Paul is a nut job but at least he wants the US to mind its own business. I like his Libertarianism too. But, ummmm, that's it.

Rubio was OK I suppose, but he's way too right for me. But at least he is trying to be an adult about things.

Huckabee is an absolutely horrible man. A Bible bashing, narrow minded, phony. And by virtue of his religious beliefs, a complete idiot.

Walker is finished. Good. He's been an *rsehole as a governor and he would be as a president too.

Bush is just shallow as hell and has no leadership abilities. His social and foreign policies suck too.

Carson just doesn't belong there.

Fiorina wasn't bad actually. She stuck up for herself. Man, she's a warmonger though.

Cruz may be the creepiest candidate ever. Unelectable and would make the US a theocracy. He needs to move on to his calling -- vampire actor.

Kasich was decent. He's a Bible basher but he certainly seemed pretty moderate and thoughtful.

Christie has a decent way about him but his politics make him unacceptable to me. He's got common sense and leadership qualities but he uses them both poorly.

All-in-all, I wouldn't give you tuppence for any of them.

We'll see Romney back at this rate.

Interesting things going on in politics though, the Democratic race may just be interesting. There's possibly 2/3 Republicans could win a general but Bernie may just given Hilary a run for her money, which would be great because she's f***ing awful.

rubio has been touted for ages as the natural heir apparent, particularly because of hispanicness. but it's pretty hard to see the kochs and all those other horrible republican billionaires who try to buy elections being very enthused by any of them.

bernie sanders was live-tweeting the GOP debate and was quite funny as it goes. the reasons why he couldn't or shouldn't beat hillary seem to be getting fewer and fewer.