stressederic

New home kit

20 hours ago, DonRafa said:

We've had some really great kits from New Balance,  but these are complete  and utter s***te.  Very disappointing, not a worthy kit for Champions.

Love the new balance kits. Especially the last one. Had a real retro vibe to it which felt fitting when winning the league. 

1 hour ago, Stanley Leisure said:

Every time I see stuff like this, I think about the brainstorming meeting that led to it. Someone stood in front of a flipchart, long list of alternative slogans:

#winners, #coolkit, #ilikeit, #giveusyourpoints, #winteam #tellusnever! 

If they’d just gone with ‘Boss’ like the massive Virg poster in town, it would make sense.

Still, it’s a job. 

It has to be 3 words, doesn't it. The Beanz Meanz Heinz rule.

Is this the same shade of red as the 99-00 one?  I f***ing hated that one.  It bordered on pink, like a red that had been through the washing machine too many times.

It looks darker than that anyway

14 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

I will never cease to be amazed by how much adults care about football kits.

Ha. TBH, I'm not arsed about buying or wearing one, but we're all gonna spend a long time looking at it. 

WTF is that collar, it looks weird enough on the shirt itself, but makes people wearing it look like they can't dress themselves. 

20 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Caring about what your team's kit looks like is no less weird as an adult than having a "your team" in the first place, really. I mean, they all wear different colours because of what someone decided 130 years ago, and they have a little badge on with a picture of a bird or a cartoon devil or something. As Hank said to Larry, "Don't start pulling on that thread or our whole world will unravel ".

• Like 1

Just now, NeilJ said:

Caring about what your team's kit looks like is no less weird as an adult than having a "your team" in the first place, really. I mean, they all wear different colours because of what someone decided 130 years ago, and they have a little badge on with a picture of a bird or a cartoon devil or something. As Hank said to Larry, "Don't start pulling on that thread or our whole world will unravel ".

What happens if you don’t like it? What do you do?

3 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Could you not make that argument for every single decision the club make? Why argue about selection or transfers or anything

Close the forum down. 

Edited by Sion

I've just seen the prices.

Kinell!!!!!

No wonder the club wanted a 20% cut!

We'll be able to afford Sancho and his wages no problem!!!!

3 minutes ago, Sion said:

Could you not make that argument for every single decision the club make? Why argue about selection or transfers or anything

Close the forum down. 

No, it’s possible that some things happen in the football process that would change your behaviour. Like if the Saudi Arabian government took over I’d be off to do something else with my time.

4 minutes ago, Cunny said:

I've just seen the prices.

Kinell!!!!!

No wonder the club wanted a 20% cut!

We'll be able to afford Sancho and his wages no problem!!!!

Sold out on Nike's site

Might be able to afford a player this summer after all 

13 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Well nothing, obviously, but I don't think that invalidates my point. What do you do if the club signs a striker for £35million and he turns out to be a cart horse?

Just now, NeilJ said:

Well nothing, obviously, but I don't think that invalidates my point. What do you do if the club signs a striker for £35million and he turns out to be a cart horse?

You can shout loudly and people get sacked for incompetence.

1 hour ago, Hightown Phil said:

I'm certain Nike care about it. And I've rarely seen the fanbase so united in its disdain 

32 minutes ago, NeilJ said:

What do you do if the club signs a striker for £35million and he turns out to be a cart horse?

Sell him to West Ham.

16 minutes ago, McBain said:

And I've rarely seen the fanbase so united in its disdain 

Are you sure? 

49 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

You can shout loudly and people get sacked for incompetence.

Right, so supporter disquiet can influence future club decisions. But I thought your point was less about the futility of complaining about kits, in terms of practically changing anything, and more about how childish it was. (You said you couldn't understand why adults cared.) I was responding to that, not to the (un)likelihood of someone getting sacked over a kit design.