Sign in to follow this  
Barnesy_10

Android Boxes

Red Shoe Diaries

Eleven Days Eleven Nights

Emmanuelle 3

Jonny Briggs

Hehe remember red shoe diaries and those channel 5 films with shannon tweed.

Johnny briggs was brilliant. I stumbled across an episode of Simon and the witch recently. Again Brilliant stuff

Hehe remember red shoe diaries and those channel 5 films with shannon tweed.

Johnny briggs was brilliant. I stumbled across an episode of Simon and the witch recently. Again Brilliant stuff

Johnny Briggs is a stockbroker now... True fact.. Simon and the Witch was boss..

Shannon Whirry was better than Tweed... But close call

What you can't do at the moment with a Pi is have the p2p stuff on there of which there is plethora of global sports channels. I haven't had a go on a Pi 2.0 yet but the even original overclocked ones were slow to react.You weren't able to load too many addons on to it. The 2.0 is supposed to be a lot quicker and able to hold more addons. But I am all for having as many ways possible to watch the footie.

I don't think p2p is supported on Linux.

Im running it on openelec at the moment.

Im running it on openelec at the moment.

ooh that's interesting. I didn't think it could be done. Was there a lot messing about? Everything I'd read about was pointing to say it couldn't be done. I put openelec on my M8 last year and gave up with it as I was getting nowhere on the P2P front. So I rom'd it back to Android.

ooh that's interesting. I didn't think it could be done. Was there a lot messing about? Everything I'd read about was pointing to say it couldn't be done. I put openelec on my M8 last year and gave up with it as I was getting nowhere on the P2P front. So I rom'd it back to Android.

No it was easy, I'd previously updated to the latest OpenElec version and it was just a case of installing the repo and then the addon as usual. It downloaded all the modules it needed when I started up p2p-streams for the first time.

No it was easy, I'd previously updated to the latest OpenElec version and it was just a case of installing the repo and then the addon as usual. It downloaded all the modules it needed when I started up p2p-streams for the first time.

On a Pi? Where I was having trouble was after flashing the M8 to openelec and after installing P2P and running the addon it was asking me what OS I was running. I tried it with all options and still couldn't get it to work. When did you/did openelec update? As they must have included the all the java changes in that. I'd like to have a play with Pi 2.0 .

I'm going to order one this weekend, found a company that does a media centre kit which saves me the ballache of getting all the separate components. Will donate my pi to a mate's boy who's mad into minecraft and is starting to show an interest in coding.

On a Pi? Where I was having trouble was after flashing the M8 to openelec and after installing P2P and running the addon it was asking me what OS I was running. I tried it with all options and still couldn't get it to work. When did you/did openelec update? As they must have included the all the java changes in that. I'd like to have a play with Pi 2.0 .

No this was on an atom/ion based nettop, is the M8 arm based?? Might be different for that I suppose but the page I was using suggests it should still work.

I fancy a Pi 2 as well. Might get one before the summer.

I like my Android front end too much though. Torrent Stream Controller, the free VPN's, a few tricky apps from the playstore and a few unofficial ones cough ahem! If I could sneak about 10 apps into openelec I'd have a dream setup.

No this was on an atom/ion based nettop, is the M8 arm based?? Might be different for that I suppose but the page I was using suggests it should still work.

That was it! Yeah the M8 has an ARM chipset in it. That's where I was drawing a blank. I will have a look at. Hopefully there's not too much messing about. What VPNs can you get on openelec?

That was it! Yeah the M8 has an ARM chipset in it. That's where I was drawing a blank. I will have a look at. Hopefully there's not too much messing about. What VPNs can you get on openelec?

To be honest I haven't tried using a vpn with it yet, I'd been using it solely for local content up until this thread appeared.

To be honest I haven't tried using a vpn with it yet, I'd been using it solely for local content up until this thread appeared.

Wowsers .....you're going to have a lot fun finding out things. If you get stuck give me a nudge. But defo get a VPN or a DNS changer set up and get the NBC addon. I've lost days....months playing about with XBMC/KODI . Firstly I'd go and find urls for the repos and addons. There are some great facebook pages set up to help people and files are openly shared on them. The main kodi website is a great place too but you can get lost in there with all the technical speak (well I do).

I like my Android front end too much though. Torrent Stream Controller, the free VPN's, a few tricky apps from the playstore and a few unofficial ones cough ahem! If I could sneak about 10 apps into openelec I'd have a dream setup.

You can use any service cos it has PPTP and OpenVPN options. Don't know about VPN add-ons though.

This is as good a place as any, does anyone know if you can turn off DHCP on a Virgin Superhub and have addresses assigned by another router on the network instead? Trying to work out how to wrangle a DNS service into my network.

Edited by Moose

This is as good a place as any, does anyone know if you can turn off DHCP on a Virgin Superhub and have addresses assigned by another router on the network instead? Trying to work out how to wrangle a DNS service into my network.

Yes - log on to the router & use advanced settings to do what you want with dhcp

Yes - log on to the router & use advanced settings to do what you want with dhcp

The only way I could get the DNS service working was to put the superhub into modem mode, even then I couldn't get any of my chromecasts to use the US Netflix despite trying different ways of blocking Google's DNS. Gave up in the end.

Watched the match on NBC Sports Live over the weekend though, that's a great addon, stream was very stable as well.

The only way I could get the DNS service working was to put the superhub into modem mode, even then I couldn't get any of my chromecasts to use the US Netflix despite trying different ways of blocking Google's DNS. Gave up in the end.

Watched the match on NBC Sports Live over the weekend though, that's a great addon, stream was very stable as well.

NBC Sports is brilliant. I have cyber ghost the paid version and can get the low hd rate out of. It will work fine on a free vpn too like unclogger but you can only get 1400sd out of it. Which is still a bloody good picture

Installed Kodi on my mac but can't get any add-ons working despite following a few online guides.

Which addons, is the issue installing or running them?

Wowsers .....you're going to have a lot fun finding out things. If you get stuck give me a nudge. But defo get a VPN or a DNS changer set up and get the NBC addon. I've lost days....months playing about with XBMC/KODI . Firstly I'd go and find urls for the repos and addons. There are some great facebook pages set up to help people and files are openly shared on them. The main kodi website is a great place too but you can get lost in there with all the technical speak (well I do).

how do you set up a vpn?

i have the NBC addon but i can never watch it

how do you set up a vpn?

i have the NBC addon but i can never watch it

What box do you have? If you are on android you can get them from the play store.

In saying that the vpn I use was awful tonight. Even the paid one I have was buffering on the box.

What box do you have? If you are on android you can get them from the play store.

In saying that the vpn I use was awful tonight. Even the paid one I have was buffering on the box.

MIne was dodgy for a bit, but rebooted the router and started the VPN again and it was fine.

Think streams like that are affected if you have stuff uploading as well. I had to pause a torrent till after the match had finished.