Sign in to follow this  
Barnesy_10

Android Boxes

ah cool... I just assumed you plugged them in and put the wifi password in..

you can do. But the instructions that come with them are bobbins and I like to show people what's what on them and how to use it....best way to keep cache clean and all that jazz. Also it's better if the box is hard wired either with power lines or a cat5.

I'm more than happy to post it out and sort any issues/queries out over skype/email. I did this with Bad News Bears and he had minimal issues plugging it all in and getting started. Like I say ask him what he thinks. I am trying to sell them and I could be telling you a crock of s***e (I'm not.)

Edited by Jonesy

haha fair do's mate... what's the turnaround for receiving them? If I ordered today like?

My router is miles away from my TV so couldn't really have anything other than wi-fi I don't think

haha fair do's mate... what's the turnaround for receiving them? If I ordered today like?

My router is miles away from my TV so couldn't really have anything other than wi-fi I don't think

Once you paid me I'd post it out recorded delivery within the 24hrs. I just do all the final checks that everything worked and I was happy to send it. Get yourself some of these babies they work far better than wifi. One end at your router with a ca5 cable and the other at the box. They send the all the data packets through your electricity wiring. I've got a 4 port one in the living room for TV, Android Box and Linux Sat Box.

PowerLan.jpg

clip_image004.jpg

as simple as that. They are £20 on Currys Ebay shop at the minute. They are normally £25/30

Edited by Jonesy

they look just the ticket them... a guy in work says Maplin have them too so might go get some from there...

Jonesy do you recommend your box over the Amazon Fire TV sideloaded? They have reduced the price of the Amazon one now you see.. What are the advantages with yours over them?

they look just the ticket them... a guy in work says Maplin have them too so might go get some from there...

Jonesy do you recommend your box over the Amazon Fire TV sideloaded? They have reduced the price of the Amazon one now you see.. What are the advantages with yours over them?

The Amazon Fire is a great little box but you are restricted. You are not able to have P2P links on there. So that's no acestream or sopcast links for the footie and you won't be able to stream the torrent movies.

Just discovered US TV VOD. Was gonna send you a message on Facebook. You probably already know it, but if not, it's great for non-cable American TV.

How does it compare to Showbox?

Xbmc is showbox and so much more a lot more.

Yes I did know about us tv vod. Great little addon.

It's different. It puts together all the VOD stuff for all (or at least most of) the free access channels. So they're legal streams. It only has what's on the channels' VOD service though.

Think you need to check that the sockets you want to use are on the same ring main. They need to be for these to work. If they do, they're brilliant.

Edited by £440,000

It's different. It puts together all the VOD stuff for all (or at least most of) the free access channels. So they're legal streams. It only has what's on the channels' VOD service though.

Think you need to check that the sockets you want to use are on the same ring main. They need to be for these to work. If they do, they're brilliant.

I've got them over 3 floors of the house no bother. It says you're not supposed to plug them in extension sockets either. I have, again with no issue. I'm a rebel.

Was reading up on them last night and you can get some with sockets built into the back of them so you can plug other plugs into them. I guess that means they can be directly plugged into the wall and still allows extensions or other plugs to have use of the same socket.

Was reading up on them last night and you can get some with sockets built into the back of them so you can plug other plugs into them. I guess that means they can be directly plugged into the wall and still allows extensions or other plugs to have use of the same socket.

These are the ones I've got, they came with a BT Vision box about 10 years ago but still work brilliantly.

Wow I thought they were some new modern way of networking.. Didn't know they had been around so long... I am gonna get some from where Jonesy mentioned but hopefully won't have much issue as I get good DL rates at 37mbps

Wow I thought they were some new modern way of networking.. Didn't know they had been around so long... I am gonna get some from where Jonesy mentioned but hopefully won't have much issue as I get good DL rates at 37mbps

Your speed will be sound with the box. They only need 6mbps to run. There are two reason I say to hard wire the box. One is it's simply better for connection as there will be no drop outs (loss of data, look at your mobile phone wifi signal when you are in the house I guarantee it will drop and fluctuate. That's no good when your watching a film or the footie as it will add to chances of buffering) Secondly the wifi receiver isn't up to much on the standard 2.4GHz .It works well on 5GHz again though it's best to hard wire it.

You can get tplinks plugs that you plug another plug into they are great, saves fannying about with extension and alike. I have those. I got a pack of 3. One for the router and the other two were also wifi repeaters for first floor and top floor.

I've got them over 3 floors of the house no bother. It says you're not supposed to plug them in extension sockets either. I have, again with no issue. I'm a rebel.

I've got mine plugged into extensions etc too and they work excellent. As for 440k's comment, they only won't work if you have more than one lecky meter running in the property. For example I set them up in my sisters house and she lives in a big f*** off house and they work fine there as she has the one meter like most of us do

So these xbmc extensions or whatever, are they specific to these boxes or are they available on any xbmc install?

Thinking specifically of Raspbmc here.

You should be able to install them fine, might be a bit underpowered to run something like acestream (p2p-streams) though, everything else would probably be alright.

add me to the list of very satisfied Android Box owners......

I got one from Jonesy and its brilliant and nothing but positives to say about the box and Jonesy's efficiency with the delivery and e-mail correspondence..

Its overwhelming how much content there is! .. Been reminiscing these last couple of nights watching things from my childhood... even the obscure stuff is easily available!

So these xbmc extensions or whatever, are they specific to these boxes or are they available on any xbmc install?

Thinking specifically of Raspbmc here.

What you can't do at the moment with a Pi is have the p2p stuff on there of which there is plethora of global sports channels. I haven't had a go on a Pi 2.0 yet but the even original overclocked ones were slow to react.You weren't able to load too many addons on to it. The 2.0 is supposed to be a lot quicker and able to hold more addons. But I am all for having as many ways possible to watch the footie.

You should be able to install them fine, might be a bit underpowered to run something like acestream (p2p-streams) though, everything else would probably be alright.

I don't think p2p is supported on Linux.

Been reminiscing these last couple of nights watching things from my childhood... even the obscure stuff is easily available!

Debbie does dallas?