Mindless transfer speculation

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Griezmann an option?

Talk of Chelsea being in for him. Would have thought Hazard being there means they don't need him but it wouldn't be the first time they spent a fortune on a player they don't need. I imagine he'll have too many offers for us to compete.

We need a brilliant forward. A maverick, a genius. All the best teams in the league have one.

Benteke isn't one.

We just need someone to score 20 goals in a season. Benteke is the best guarantee of any player around that would feasibly come that we can afford who will score goals. He's done it in the past 3 seasons in a poor Villa side and he's only 24. He's actually only just coming into his prime.

We need to give up on the idea that we need to replace Suarez. He irreplaceable and therefore to repeat the way we played that season is impossible. We need to find another way to win.

I don't think Benteke is good enough. He gets injured and plays in a vastly different system at villa where it's all aimed at him.

He hasn't proven he can do it consistently yet and he'd cost, what, about £30m? He'd be a classic recent Liverpool signing imo and a mistake.

Edited by Swipe

Lacazette has said this week he's staying with Lyon for another season because he wants to play on the CL with them.

heard it said his big focus is a spot with france at the euros and how a big move might effect that. benzema had a shaky first year at madrid and lost his place in the international team.

Benteke would be a great signing

Not for this Liverpool team

Those saying no to benteke give the impression they think we could realistically target, successfully negotiate with and purchase a better player for a reasonable, affordable fee

I'm struggling to imagine that

Benteke is not gonna be a reasonable, affordable fee! listen to the hyperbole coming from Sherwood this week in regards to his form, he'll cost an Andy Carroll fee.

We just need someone to score 20 goals in a season. Benteke is the best guarantee of any player around that would feasibly come that we can afford who will score goals. He's done it in the past 3 seasons in a poor Villa side and he's only 24. He's actually only just coming into his prime.

We need to give up on the idea that we need to replace Suarez. He irreplaceable and therefore to repeat the way we played that season is impossible. We need to find another way to win.

it might not be possible to get another suarez. but there are other good forwards out there who suit what we did last season. we failed with sanchez, but he is a player who could have replicated. sturridge replicated when luis was out. we're limiting ourselves by thinking in any other way.

That's two forwards who are playing international football with a team ranked higher than England, Spain, Brazil, France, Italy... agree about Ings, though he is very reminiscent of the players Rodgers seems to go for.

Neither here or there. Benteke does not suit the style Rodgers likes to play he would be a slightly better option than Balotelli. He also seems to get injured a lot. Ings is not good enough. We should be targeting Lacazette, Dybala etc.

Ings scores his first goal in 1036 minutes.. Though it's against Hull away so he gets extra points for that..

He has scored 10 goals this season... A lot more than Balotelli, Borini and Lambert and maybe with better players around him it might be closer to 15 but I don't think he would get as much match time here as he gets there.

How do you know?

Because I'm Higuain.

On a serious note, rank the below in order of most to least likely.

- He's leaving Napoli to come to Liverpool

- He's leaving Napoli

- He's leaving Napoli to go to a multitude of top-tier clubs or clubs that are regularly competing for trophies in Europe

Did he? Thought we dropped off quite a bit in at least a few of those games where Suarez was serving his ban.

suarez was missed at times, but so was sturridge. i'm talking more in the sense that it's possible to find players who suit the approach we took that season even if they're not quite at suarez's level. i don't see his brilliance a cause for saying rip it up and start again with a significantly different style of striker. especially as you'd expect sterling and coutinho to kick on too.

Because I'm Higuain.

On a serious note, rank the below in order of most to least likely.

- He's leaving Napoli to come to Liverpool

- He's leaving Napoli

- He's leaving Napoli to go to a multitude of top-tier clubs or clubs that are regularly competing for trophies in Europe

I'm just amazed he's leaving Benitez, sorry I mean Napoli