Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Disorderly

General Election

Well it was my point.

I know opinion polls fluctuate. But swings are massively important in UK general elections. If there was going to be one of that magnitude you'd expect to see some evidence of it.

Broadcasters seem to have agreed to have 7 party leaders in debate and "empty chair" any refusing.

Could be interesting now Cameron can't use the Greens as a human shield and Crosby is determined he shouldn't appear regardless.

Where would Major have been early in 92?

They had a majority in the region of 100 before the 92 election and lost most of it. They don't even have a majority at all this time round.

Only if Labour don't gain. They got 29.6% in the last one. They only need to get up to 32/33% and it will mean the Tories need circa 39%.

And they won't get that with the current electoral boundaries biased in favour of Labour.

They had a majority in the region of 100 before the 92 election and lost most of it. They don't even have a majority at all this time round.

the opinion polls from months out right up to the day of that election had them losing all of it and then some. As it was their vote dropped 0.3% from '87 and they lost 40 seats.

I get that and I get John's objection, my point is that if polls are useful, and I think they are a turnaround in fortunes in a relatively short period isn't unprecedented. Yes these are polls rather than actual votes but they are indicative of where the country is.

I still think Cameron may be the PM post election but then I thought Major would be in 92, f*** off cobs! (Or something I think we've discussed this before.)

I get that and I get John's objection, my point is that if polls are useful, and I think they are a turnaround in fortunes in a relatively short period isn't unprecedented. Yes these are polls rather than actual votes but they are indicative of where the country is.

I still think Cameron may be the PM post election but then I thought Major would be in 92, f*** off cobs! (Or something I think we've discussed this before.)

yes, the 'f*** off cobs!' bit deffo rings a bell

I caught the start of question time last night and that Paul Nuttalls of UKIPS was on. He's a terrible man isn't he. Meat headed ham fisted pub bore swine of a man.

Edited by Falconhoof

I caught the start of question time last night and that Paul Nuttalls of UKIPS was on. He's a terrible man isn't he. Meat headed ham fisted pub bore swine of a man.

I used to play football with him.

He was s*** and a c***.

It shouldn't actually be possible, but somehow Natalie Bennett has given an even worse interview than the one on the Sunday Politics a few weeks back

Multiple Car Pile Up

She was just as bad on R4 this morning. Cringe worthy. Makes them look completely pie in the sky.

I will always vote for the party whose leader has had the best media training.

Some basic calculations before announcing expensive policies would be enough right now.

Yeah, this is much better. I'd vote for him. And he wears a tie. The likes of Podemos in Spain don't even wear ties - who's gonna vote for that?

Some basic calculations before announcing expensive policies would be enough right now.

Would you expect Miliband, Clegg and the other t*** to know every calculation to every policy they have?

Edited by Pipnasty

Yeah, this is much better. I'd vote for him. And he wears a tie. The likes of Podemos in Spain don't even wear ties - who's gonna vote for that?

Would you expect Miliband, Clegg and the other t*** to know every calculation to every policy they have?

You'd expect them to know the basics of how their main policies work, yeah. Wouldn't you?