• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Disgusting behavior. Times do not change.

Reading about Sampson today I've realised that he's from the village I grew up in - and that my dad would have given him his first manager's job at Taff's Well. Didn't know Sampson as he's a bit younger and my father passed away a few years ago so I can't ask him about it. 

They have surpassed themselves. pale, stale, male and demonstrably not fit for purpose... (wife was re,indeed of Bic's "lady pen")

The FA's suggestions to get more girls into football include

Providing colourful bibs, which should be "clean and smell nice"

Offering stamps and prizes including pocket mirrors and pink wristbands to encourage girls to attend practice sessions

Allowing girls the time to check their phones in a session and adding a social media breaks

Stop beginners being put off by "large heavy footballs" and the "risk of being hit by one" by having a variety of different balls and letting the girls choose which one to use

Find pitches where women don't play in front of boys or men in case they feel embarrassed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/38299399

Is this a caliFAte?

Reading about Sampson today I've realised that he's from the village I grew up in - and that my dad would have given him his first manager's job at Taff's Well. Didn't know Sampson as he's a bit younger and my father passed away a few years ago so I can't ask him about it. 

Creigau isn't it?

• 2 months later...

Where the f*** do they find these clowns to run the FA?

The Football Association’s chief executive, Martin Glenn, suggested female footballers may be less tolerant of “banter” than their male counterparts on the day the governing body announced plans to adopt the “Rooney rule” in an attempt to improve inclusivity in the sport.
  • 2 weeks later...

So the FA have given Phil Neville the job of manager if the women's side after some broadcaster put the idea in their heads by joking about it at a drinks reception. He never even applied. Now he's had to delete his twitter account after people found old tweets of him joking about battering his wife and making a exist jokes.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/23/phil-neville-confirmed-new-coach-of-england-women-team-football

So the FA have given Phil Neville the job of manager if the women's side after some broadcaster put the idea in their heads by joking about it at a drinks reception. He never even applied. Now he's had to delete his twitter account after people found old tweets of him joking about battering his wife and making a exist jokes.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/23/phil-neville-confirmed-new-coach-of-england-women-team-football

The appointment was bizarre in the first place and Neville’s past comments just serve to highlight that.

What qualifications did he have? How f***ing average of a c*** of a man can you be and still just stride ahead of women. And what’s more, believe you deserve it.

• 1 month later...

Martin Glenn comparing Pep's yellow ribbon to a swastika

https://www.101greatgoals.com/top-stories/fa-pep-guardiola-isis-david-swastika/

To be honest, and to be very clear, Pep Guardiola’s yellow ribbon is a political symbol, it’s a symbol of Catalan independence, and I can tell you there are many more Spaniards, non-Catalans, who are pissed off by it.

All we are doing is even-handedly applying the laws of the game. Poppies are not political symbols; that yellow ribbon is. Where do you draw the line — should we have someone with a Ukip badge, someone with an Isis badge?

We have re-written Law 4 of the game so that things like a poppy are OK but things that are going to be highly divisive, and that could be strong religious symbols, it could be the Star of David, it could the hammer and sickle, it could be a swastika . . . these are the things we don’t want.