By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Fantasy Football 2014/15 - the auction one

RP

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Case has got Diego Costa and Mirallas ... b*****d.

Only player I have in this game is Courtois ... whose 3 points just disappeared.

Might switch it off.

And Schneiderlin. Don't forget Schneiderlin.

Who I almost substituted for Enner Valencia before the matches started. But couldn't because 4-2-4 is an invalid formation.

But Stones will come on soon. And score 8 own goals.

I'm on -2 as well, but at least we've done better than Bovril Town FC this week..... Clutching at straws and pinning my hopes on a successful transfer window next week. Based on my previous performance in earlier transfer windows I'm not holding my breath. :(/>

brown runny s****, a performance to match the team name this week. that transfer window can't come soon enough.

I reckon that's the 2nd week's fixtures all done.

Results are:

AGM -1 v 4 Gunga Din

Tommy Walsh 11 v -3 DPD

So set up nicely for a Sutty v Gunga Din final ... after the international break. There's something to check when we do it for real .. that there are no fixture breaks!

I'm happy that it'll be either Wayne or Sutty winning the competition when there is no money at stake :D

But then again, Sutty hasn't paid anyway so even if it was for real, he'd miss out :cool:

Nor has D.M-M, by the way. Be nice if you can both pay when you've got a minute ... for the next (real!) comp. Ta.

RP, lad - how will Transfers / Sealed Bids work on Tuesday if we all already have squads of 16?

Or do you need to have a think about this?

You have to sell to buy.

I have set the auction deadline for 8pm Wednesday ... so that the Fantasy League guys have a chance to make sure any new late signings today are added to the pool of free agents.

Half money back on sold players.

In the event of a tie, lower league position wins.

Once that's done, I suggest we just then allow people to make normal transfers, i.e. no more auctions/sealed bids.

So we can 'sell' players any time between now and Wednesday and bid on their replacements, which we'll find out shortly after 8pm on Wednesday whether we've got or not?

e.g. - I sell Enner Valencia and get £0.1m back. I 'buy' (sealed bid) for Di Maria at 0.5m ..... Then on Wednesday, the League tells me if I'm successful or not.

Is that it?

Thanks for sorting all this out, etc.

No, don't think so.

I think selling and buying is all part of the same process - when you bid for someone, you have to sell at the same time.

I think.

Give it a go and it'll become obvious - you can always amend your submission any time up to the deadline.

Note to self: bid £0.6mil for di Maria.

Once that's done, I suggest we just then allow people to make normal transfers, i.e. no more auctions/sealed bids.

depending on how you have set it up, you may still need to process these transfers, in which case it may be best to establish some sort of protocol, i.e. manager notifies you that they want a transfer and you process it along with any other transfers in the order that the requests to process is posted in here.

Edited by DPD1973

Fair point.

If anyone wants to make a transfer, they can do so at any time after tonight's sealed bids are processed, until such time as I decide to stop transfers - likely to be a few weeks or a month before the next round of sealed bids, for example.

Just let me know and I will sort them out as soon as I can get round to it. Best way to let me know is on this thread and email via the FL site.

Fair point.

If anyone wants to make a transfer, they can do so at any time after tonight's sealed bids are processed, until such time as I decide to stop transfers - likely to be a few weeks or a month before the next round of sealed bids, for example.

Just let me know and I will sort them out as soon as I can get round to it. Best way to let me know is on this thread and email via the FL site.

Tomorrow night's sealed bids, no? Sep 3rd?