By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Loan Watch

Eiler99

We really overpaid for Alberto. He had so little first team experience £6.8m was a massive amount of money. Not just in hindsight, it looked it at the time. He has talent but you chance a few hundred grand for maybe even a couple of million on a young kid like that if you really rate him (like we did with Sterling, Ibe).

We paid £5m for sterling

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad we're using the loan system better now. i think it's the only likely way of developing more players. liverpool quality or not too many have stagnated in U21 football over the years. sinclair and ojo talented, but a spell at a struggling championship side on a rugby league pitch and under a beleaguered manager with no real great record of attacking football not just a test of ability.

• 2 weeks later...

Jack Dunn and Kevin Stewart gone to Burton Albion

Do you know anything about these lads Maldini as Burton are my local club and I do go and watch them now and again (can always report back if I see them in the flesh)

Do you know anything about these lads Maldini as Burton are my local club and I do go and watch them now and again (can always report back if I see them in the flesh)

Dunn is very talented but has never really nailed down a position for himself. He has played all across midfield and the front line and even left back for a while. Pretty skilful, good movement and a good finisher but he's a bit weak and sometimes drifts in and out of games. He's one who at 16 looked like he had a good chance of getting to the first team but got injured at bad times and never really kicked on. Can't see him making it with us but he'll have a decent career down the leagues and maybe come back up with another team.

Stewart was signed from Spurs in the summer. I think he was just signed to strengthen the squad because we intended on loaning loads out. Came as a RB but has played CB and more recently has been doing really well in centre-mid. Don't think he'll ever play for our first team unless something mad happens.

Teixeira stretchered off with an ankle injury last night - gone for an x-ray.

Really hope it's not too bad, as he's looked a class apart in the Championship this season, despite playing in an utterly rubbish Brighton side.

Edited by genghis