By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Summer transfer thread II

RP

I think we should sign Schneiderlin

I also think - well, I have a nasty feeling about this - that Suarez might end up at Arsenal next season

Bit early to be hitting the fully loaded egg nog.

not sure Barca are getting best out of him, Wenger desperate to sign him, he may fancy coming back to England in a year or so - all very speculative, just a feeling

They are scoring goals for fun, Messi is finding space in and around the box because defenders have to watch Suarez as well, and he scored a few goals. If that's not getting the best out of him...

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure Barca are getting best out of him, Wenger desperate to sign him, he may fancy coming back to England in a year or so - all very speculative, just a feeling

He's only played a handful of games and has done very well IMO. 3 goals, 2 more wrongly disallowed, several assists. I think he's done well and will get much better. Plus, I think he now knows he's too good for arsenal

I think we should sign Schneiderlin

I also think - well, I have a nasty feeling about this - that Suarez might end up at Arsenal next season

Nah, I think he'd rather comeback to us than go to Arsenal

Barca won't be getting rid of him any time soon anyway

Monday December 22 2014
Perin stays 'unless right offer'
By Football Italia staff

Mattia Perin’s agent feels he’ll stay at Genoa until the end of the season, “unless a club comes with the right offer,” after Liverpool and Juventus interest.

The reports emerged today that Liverpool were stepping up their efforts to sign the 22-year-old Italy goalkeeper.

“Any important club on a European level that has important sums to invest cannot help but think of Mattia,” agent Moreno Roggi told Tuttomercatoweb.

“They would have a very reliable goalkeeperlb_icon1.png for the next 20 years and the chance to spread the cost out over time. A bit like what Juventus did with Buffon.

“Liverpool? Now these voices are emerging consistently. Save for surprises, Perin will remain at Genoa until the end of the season, because I doubt the club and Gasperini want to lose a key figure in the teamlb_icon1.png.

“Of course, if a club were to come forward with the right offer, then everything could be up for debate. I repeat, in my opinion he will remain at Genoa until the end of the season.”

http://www.football-italia.net/60406/perin-stays-unless-right-offer

Bianchi: Balotelli to Sampdoria with the Help of the BanksJoey Postorino 03:47 AM

The reported move of Mario Balotelli to Sampdoria may in fact be more serious than many believe. The striker arrived at Liverpool in the summer from Milan but has not succeeded in the Premier League thus far. According to “La Repubblica” journalist Fulvio Binachi, the striker may in fact make his way to Sampdoria in the January mercato. The operation could allegedly take place with the assistance of some banks that have reportedly already agreed to help finance the operation. If Mario agrees then he could be at the disposal of coach Mihajlovic relatively soon.

Source: FcInterNews.it

http://www.sempreinter.com/2014/12/22/bianchi-balotelli-to-sampdoria-with-the-help-of-the-banks/

Mancini: “Leiva could be the right name for us”

At the post-match press conference Roberto Mancini got questions about the upcoming transfer window and what Inter are looking for. Here is what he said about what Inter are looking for in midfield.

What is the type of midfielder you are looking for? Could Lucas Leiva be the right name?

“It would be hard to get him. But he could be very helpful to us because he has a lot of experience and he would be useful for us. Talking about a good player that, that plays for Liverpool is not easy.”

A comment about Bonazzoli; is he still too young to play regularly?

“No. If I put him on that means he is good. But he is very young and we can’t expect him to change the games by himself. But I am sure he will have a great future.”

source: inter.it

http://www.sempreinter.com/2014/12/22/mancini-leiva-could-be-the-right-name-for-us/

If we had say £10m + sales (which is not that unfeasible IMO), I'd bin off Borini (£6m), Enrique (£3m) and Lovren (£9m),Jones (free) and take Origi (£3m premium), get Coates, Wisdom and Ibe back from loan (assuming we can), Begovic (£15m) and Montoya (£10m)

I reckon we've already agreed the deal for the new keeper.

Must have surely? Yesterday I recalled a conversation I had with Molby when he'd put his transfer shopping list up. I added 'plus a new keeper obviously because at the moment we're an injury away from Brad Jones in goal'! Molby's reply was along the lines of 'yes, that's a given but we can fix that without lashing out too much'. he was almost dismissive because it was so obvious, such a no brainer, how could anybody have thought this possible? Utter negligence and it's spoiling my delight at seeing us play football again, we could be challenging this year had we signed two key players in the summer.

Cechs agent been saying that us and Arsenal should bid for Cech... But highly unlikely he will leave in Jan as Chelsea need him to help win the league. Also said he's been offered to Real.. Free Agent in the summer.

Sounds like Agent hunting for bids to me and no real clues as to where he could end up aside from the highest bidder

Agree with Cech and Benteke .. Blow the salary cap to get Cech. We will have to buy over the odds too but refer to example of van der Saar at United when he moved there , people thought he was too old, had a great impact there . 4 years of Cech as number #1 plenty of time to get good back up in.

There is going to be very little money available. Like I said, a GK only. All of our business was done in the summer.

If that is so , it's short sighted got to realise that mistakes need correcting in squad personnel

There is going to be very little money available. Like I said, a GK only. All of our business was done in the summer.

And you know this how? You seen the bank account? I would suggest the opposite what with the Suarez and CL money, plus the money in the kitty for transfers already

Whether we can get the right players is the question