Summer transfer thread II

Sky sports vinny o'connor believes we are going to have a major review on how we conduct transfers. It will involve a meeting between fallows, ayre and Rodgers apparently. If it is true then the fact that the owners aren't involved in that discussion speaks volumes

Are they all going to sit round and blame each other?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they all going to sit round and blame each other?

A modern day Christmas scene somewhere in Liverpool. We join the action as all members of the transfer committee are in discussion at a much heralded meeting:

"Sorry, I was just "cc'd" on that Balotelli email and so I thought it was for information only"

"No, I was asking for your opinion"

"Ah, ok. Well next time, I'll get back to you".

"Maybe we should talk about the players for January during this meeting given where we are time wise?"

"Not sure it is on the agenda I got. Said review of previous transfers and nothing about possible targets plus I've got a meeting in 15 minutes"

If we don't have a new goalie signed up ready to play by the Sunderland game on the 10th Jan then I'm joining a monastery and never watching football again

Given we are virtually playing goalie less and it's just about the singular most important position on the pitch I'd say if this committee don't have us a new keeper by New Years day that they'd all need to resign in disgrace.

Especially when the brief is 'sign absolutely ANY keeper that isn't as s*** as Mignolet or Jones'.

Edited by David Hodgson

Given we are virtually playing goalie less and it's just about the singular most important position on the pitch I'd say if this committee don't have us a new keeper by New Years day that they'd all need to resign in disgrace.

Especially when the brief is 'sign absolutely ANY keeper that isn't as s*** as Mignolet or Jones'.

They could dust the dartboard off for this, they can't possibily lose.

Getting to the point whether you wonder if we should just throw another attacker on and play with 11 outfield players

whether they're all at loggerheads or not, you'd think FSG would want a senior figure involved in the discussion. almost more worrying if there weren't a degree of finger pointing.

That's the point I was making. Without Henry involved the status quo is likely to remain