By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

What's yer tipple?

Duncan Disorderly

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Got some of these for the weekend.

https://www.wildbeerco.com/item/568/Beers/Coolship-2020.html

11 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Brewdog v Cloudwater New England IPA is worth a buy if you see it, tesco have it at the moment.

Yeah that's decent.

Supermarket wise Ikat by Salt brewery might be the best i've had for a while. Mind you Morrisons have a load of new stuff i've not seen yet.

4 minutes ago, Nate. said:

Got some of these for the weekend.

https://www.wildbeerco.com/item/568/Beers/Coolship-2020.html

Yeah that's decent.

Supermarket wise Ikat by Salt brewery might be the best i've had for a while. Mind you Morrisons have a load of new stuff i've not seen yet.

18 quid each oof

Morrisons have been decent for a while haven't they.

Yeah they've had some good stuff. But recently there's been a bit of a craft beer war between them and tesco haha! So both have stepped up a lot and more breweries are getting stuff in the big supermarkets. Which is good as it allows them to brew some really good smaller batch stuff without worrying where the money is coming from.

Those wild beer co ones were a treat from the Mrs. Wouldn't normally spend that myself like.

2 minutes ago, Nate. said:

Yeah they've had some good stuff. But recently there's been a bit of a craft beer war between them and tesco haha! So both have stepped up a lot and more breweries are getting stuff in the big supermarkets. Which is good as it allows them to brew some really good smaller batch stuff without worrying where the money is coming from.

Those wild beer co ones were a treat from the Mrs. Wouldn't normally spend that myself like.

I'm sure they will be good, there stuff usually is. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
46 minutes ago, cymrococh said:

I bought a bottle of Ferran Adria's beer as a Chrsitmas treat. I've now got to make sure it's the first thing I drink rather than downing it at 2 am because it's the only thing left.

I keep meaning to try that in my search for a decent beer from Spain.  It's been a mainly futile task so far though I've had a couple of Basqueland beers that were ok.

• 3 weeks later...

A decent grappa is a very nice drink. Problem is that most grappas sold over here are like turps.

Against my better judgment I bought a bottle of alcohol-free gin. Atopia to be precise. It’s clearly not gin but as a grown up, a-f substitute it’s quite palattable. And my liver needs a bit of break.

2 minutes ago, charlie clown said:

A decent grappa is a very nice drink. Problem is that most grappas sold over here are like turps.

This is one of the decent ones, benefits of having Italian friends, one of the advantages of being in a European country soz for your loss an all that

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, charlie clown said:

Against my better judgment I bought a bottle of alcohol-free gin. Atopia to be precise. It’s clearly not gin but as a grown up, a-f substitute it’s quite palattable. And my liver needs a bit of break.

I’ve been on the Seedlip since the start of the month. Thank god it’s not gin as I’m running at a bottle a week...

• 1 year later...

Vodafone/Beer 52 offer of 8 mixed beers for £4.95, pales or mixed, is worth a go. Eldest had one sent to me this morning, mrs m just ordered another,  all Dutch and good quality. 

Just have to cancel the subscription as soon as its delivered. (I can't order as I refuse to use Vodafone for historic manc connection) 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, muleskinner said:

Vodafone/Beer 52 offer of 8 mixed beers for £4.95, pales or mixed, is worth a go. Eldest had one sent to me this morning, mrs m just ordered another,  all Dutch and good quality. 

Just have to cancel the subscription as soon as its delivered. (I can't order as I refuse to use Vodafone for historic manc connection) 

cheers, just ordered mine

• Like 1