By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

What's yer tipple?

Duncan Disorderly

Thanks for both of those replies! Haha.

Yeah I hear great things about that pub.

Was reading some list from the Observer a few weeks back where it named a place called 1000 Trades in Birmingham as the best place to drink in the UK.

Edited by Swipe

Marble Arch Earl Gray IPA is the best beer I've ever had.

It's a fight between burton bridge golden delicious and Bathams Best Bitter for me

Thanks for both of those replies! Haha.

Yeah I hear great things about that pub.

Was reading some list from the Observer a few weeks back where it named a place called 1000 Trades in Birmingham as the best place to drink in the UK.

I've been there. It's ok not brilliant. Marble smashes it to bits as does the angel in Manchester up the road from marble for example. The knott bar also great

Got the opportunity of a night out in both Manchester and Birmingham during the week, what's the recommends?

Opheem or Carters (not in the centre) in Birmingham if you want Michelin starred food.

Bodega (S American) or Buffalo n Rye (BBQ) if you want cheaper, great food.

Indian Brewery has great beer and food. If you want steak go to Fiesta del Asado, Italian go to Laghis Deli.

If you're willing to go out a bit, The Rose Villa Tavern and Rebel Chicken in the Jewellery Quarter are great.

My current favourite though is Digbeth Dining Club, depends on which popups are there but it's a fantastic night out. Could do Ghetto Golf (indoor mini golf) first. Also down that way is Baked in Brick for pizza.

Edited by Bailo

In Manchester the best boozers for a decent pint of proper ale are Peveril Of The Peak, Lass O'Gowrie, The Briton's Protection and The Circus Tavern. Picadilly Tap is also decent just down from the station and The Salisbury next to Oxford Road station has good beer too but is a rockers' pub so it's constant heavy metal on the PA. 

It's my work Christmas do in one of the big hotels in the centre, just looking for somewhere for a decent afternoon/early evening pint.

Sorry, for some reason I interpreted your original request as for food. Central boozers: The Wellington (50 real ales on tap), Jekyll and Hyde (cocktails), The Alchemist (cocktails), The Old Contemptibles and The Old Jointstock are decent simple places.

*heads straight to Oxford Road*

Turns out I'm staying in Gorton, anywhere decent near there?

The answer to this is NO by the way.

Currently drinking Guinness from a can in a Holiday Inn Express reception.

Edited by cymrococh