By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Divock Origi

sutty

Last summer

Balotelli - 16m

Origi - 11m

Lambert - 4m

the only thing to be said about Origi is that someone had the sense not to push the panic button and pay extra to bring him in during January. The lad may grow into a player but there's a lot of time there and to have arrived here to rescue a season being at this level would've finished him as he'd have got absolutely slaughtered..

He is quick... Thats something at least. He should be shining in these sort of games though. Same can be said for Ibe. If he's not going to rip the a*** out of these defences then he certainly won't be doing it anytime soon against better teams

same can be said of Lallana, who was poor despite scoring

Showed some decent flashes tonight and was good to see him take on defenders more. Major improvement over the dire performance he put in vs Carlisle. Worst mistake was him not blasting that chance with his left foot in the first half.

Aye - displayed some good touches, determination and awareness in the first half.

Quicker than I thought

his dummy when he was clear on goal was nice, but he should have scored

Lallan's miss in the second half was just as bad (after a beautiful first touch one must add)

Quicker than I thought

his dummy when he was clear on goal was nice, but he should have scored

Lallan's miss in the second half was just as bad (after a beautiful first touch one must add)

Consistency and confidence are great for composure. Lallana should be keeping his place.

Consistency and confidence are great for composure. Lallana should be keeping his place.

not his biggest fan, but he should

Coutinho being our only creative player isn't helping us or him, need to find a way to play both of them in the team

not his biggest fan, but he should

Coutinho being our only creative player isn't helping us or him, need to find a way to play both of them in the team

That would require Coutinho as left side of a diamond, i reckon. Not easy when Moreno hasn't convinced at left back.

I think an issue with starting both has been that Lallana has tended to start wide but Coutinho prefers playing through the middle. Lallana drifts inside in search of the ball and it becomes congested. Also, he can often dwell on the ball because he wants to impress and lacks Coutinho's pace. Also, they've rarely started in the same team with a quality striker so Sturridge's inate ability to create space should now benefit both players.

As i've said before, there are some very good players in the squad and it's likely that 14-16 can be used effectively in the league but it might require a fresh approach.

a 4-2-3-1 with Firmino, Coutinho and Lallana behind Sturridge could be an excellent attack but would require the fullbacks to overlap which likely means better defensive midfielders than we have currently. Benteke comes in for some games ( like City using Dzeko far better when winning two titles and finishing second in another )

• 2 weeks later...