By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

World Cup Fantasy Football part 2

Gunga Din

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(ignoring the fact that one of them has completed his squad)

Damn - indulging in a spot of 'after timing' or whatever term people use to excuse hindsight these days.

Just the actual Chairman then!

I was hoping I had learned some kind of strategy from being in the other league - then I decided to ask my lad if he wanted to be involved. That was a mistake.

Now I'm totally f***ed.

Lost Higuain to a round one tie-breaker on an unlikely duplicate £21m bid to 'The Harrison Hatch'. Hope yer car fails to start in the morning.

Ha. I upped my bid from £20m to £21m at the last minute to beat out any £20m bidders. Good move.

Happy to get Muller too. Picking up a couple of cheapos in the first round allowed me to go big in round 2. Lahm & Chiellini for £0.5m each? Gotta be happy with that.

Edited by Tobes Rafa

Ha. I upped my bid from £20m to £21m at the last minute to beat out any £20m bidders. Good move.

Happy to get Muller too. Picking up a couple of cheapos in the first round allowed me to go big in round 2. Lahm & Chiellini for £0.5m each? Gotta be happy with that.

Hmmm. That was EXACTLY my thinking. Still, I got someone much worse for nearly as much.

Round 1 - 13 players

Round 2 - 0

Round 3 - 0

Leaves me free to pick up the hidden gems that all you mugs have missed. :yes:/>

Or something.

Di Maria is in the wrong slot and you spotted that - good purchase getting that one

Really scrapping barrel for strikers

My front line is pretty good

Di Maria is in the wrong slot and you spotted that - good purchase getting that one

My front line is pretty good

There's a couple of gems in there.

Which just makes it all the more amazing that I am in the s*** state that I am :lol:

aye, yer man from Japan should be a contender for Golden boot

I hadn't realised that you could change your team for every fixture - so I bought fillers.

Now I realise that that was a mistake

I hadn't realised that you could change your team for every fixture - so I bought fillers.

Now I realise that that was a mistake

Yes, I finally figured that for this one, even if you have 5 or 6 top forwards, they can all count for every game.

Yes, I finally figured that for this one, even if you have 5 or 6 top forwards, they can all count for every game.

I didn't know that - so I thought it'd be better to have an extra midfielder for injuries/suspensions etc...

For V2.0

Sealed Bids - Deadline for Bid Round 1 is 19 Jun 19:00 (Weekly) .

increment is 0.1m

max number of sealed bids per manager is 2 per window/week

half money back on sold players

if its a tie, the early bidder wins

Clarification on Transfers as I was trying it out ...

I have this Dutch lad who no-one, including VanGaal has heard of. I bought him in Auction for 0.5.

So ... I go to the transfer screen. Cancel him as a player. I'm then asked how much I want to SELL him for, so I say £20m and this 'seems' to add the £20m to my budget. At this stage, I quit, kept the player and returned to the team screen as I didn't want to 'cheat'.

Is it a bug?

Clarification on Transfers as I was trying it out ...

I have this Dutch lad who no-one, including VanGaal has heard of. I bought him in Auction for 0.5.

So ... I go to the transfer screen. Cancel him as a player. I'm then asked how much I want to SELL him for, so I say £20m and this 'seems' to add the £20m to my budget. At this stage, I quit, kept the player and returned to the team screen as I didn't want to 'cheat'.

Is it a bug?

In the other league, RP mentioned something about transfer fee's being half of the original purchase fee, so maybe something needs setting up in the league's rules, or maybe when you submit the transfer it adjusts to the correct level ?

Either way, thanks for the heads up, £3.2 billion for Joe Hart is more than I'd hoped to get laugh.gif/> .

edit - infact DPD mentions the half of original fee too. Maybe someone will have to try it out and see ?

Edited by Davvo