By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The rugby

Cobs

4 hours ago, Gethin said:

Doddie Weir has lost his battle with MND which puts everything else in perspective. RIP Doddie

image.png

Very sad even if it was expected, MNR is a horrible disease.

Same age as me. 

Battled MNR with great dignity, huge heart and has raise millions for research.

RIP big fella.

image.png.530c611dee61275a8487a724753948e0.png

• Love 1

1 hour ago, charlie clown said:

Definitely but really he should have gone after the last WC. It just felt like the right time for him to go then and all he's done since then is soured his legacy. 

Hard to say that - the WC SF performance v NZ was possibly the greatest English rugby has ever produced. That they didn’t have it in the tank/got over-powered a week later is one of them

Since then we have deffo under-achieved and some selections/performances have been well short BUT - he’s always been about the WC. This decision should have been made a year ago or let him go after France ‘23

imo

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cobs said:

Hard to say that - the WC SF performance v NZ was possibly the greatest English rugby has ever produced. That they didn’t have it in the tank/got over-powered a week later is one of them

Since then we have deffo under-achieved and some selections/performances have been well short BUT - he’s always been about the WC. This decision should have been made a year ago or let him go after France ‘23

imo

True, that NZ semi win was brilliant but they'd been blowing hot and cold for months before that. It felt - to me at least - like that was a never-to-be-reached-again peak. Completely unprovable ether way of course but that's just my view on it. 

5 minutes ago, charlie clown said:

True, that NZ semi win was brilliant but they'd been blowing hot and cold for months before that. It felt - to me at least - like that was a never-to-be-reached-again peak. Completely unprovable ether way of course but that's just my view on it. 

Oh yeah - 12 months out in 2018 we probably looked like we do now but he was all about the WC. 

taking on Australia NZ & the Saffers back to back, away from home was the challenge and he didn’t do bad.

not a great deal of time/matches for the new guy to make this 100% his team

• 1 month later...

Borthwick's Six Nations squad announced - ringing a lot of changes. It probably needs a shake-up but this many? I must admit to having very limited knowledge of some of the new names - I've somehow not managed to see too much club rugby this season. 

Edited by charlie clown

6 hours ago, charlie clown said:

Borthwick's Six Nations squad announced - ringing a lot of changes. It probably needs a shake-up but this many? I must admit to having very limited knowledge of some of the new names - I've somehow not managed to see too much club rugby this season. 

Thought Dan Cole had retired years ago.

On 16/01/2023 at 18:43, mofus77 said:

Looking forward tot he Six Nations, anything for a distraction for the reds. 

6 nations ahead of the world cup are always interesting. for once, Ireland look like they're peaking at the right time. Ireland and i think will be the teams to beat.