Sign in to follow this  
Cobs

The rugby

Got a feeling we're about to get stuffed...

SS1 right now

Edited by RP

That was quality by England. Giving this a great go

Looks like we might have found a centre-partnership

12-12 - another AB should have been in the bin for the penalty on their try line - blatant stuff

And now he yellows one of ours.

Annoying error from Youngs but the ref has absolutely f***ed us here

Brown had his quietest game in ages today.

Too many silly mistakes overall - Davey Wilson is brilliant in open play but three knock-ons, their re-starts were all identical but we didn't take one cleanly until the very last one of the game. Just too many unforced errors - comes with the territory of the pressure of Eden Park vs the All Blacks, I suppose.

Owens interpretation of the two knock-ons was bizarre - in a pass, the direction of the hands is the crucial determinant but I don't believe it is in the two examples he gave against us today. They weren't passes, so I *think* he was judging them by incorrect criteria. They didn't make the difference - the lack of yellow cards may have done though, first for Nonu in the first couple of minutes and then again, not sure who it was, when defending late on. Yarde took one for the team and was rightly carded but the ref's inconsistency was disappointing.

In the end, I think you could say we ran out of steam - too many experienced heads had to come off to be replaced by relative novices at this level. Last 10 minutes and we were down to 14 men against the All Blacks on a ground where they feel invincible.

But there are loads of positives, and with all the additional players being available for the next two tests, things are looking good.

Very good today,hugely impressed with Manu,Eastmond,Burns and the whole pack. Cips looked good when he came on.

One good squad we have and I have great faith in the coaching staff too.

Good post, RP.

It's just annoying when you go so close to a great win and you come up short like that. We were the better side over the 80 mins. We should have been playing against 14 for the last 10 but we end up on the receiving end of it.

Tuilagi was brilliant today, btw.

Good post, RP.

:thumbs:

We should have been playing against 14 for the last 10 but we end up on the receiving end of it.

And the first 10! Nonu would have definitely gone off if that incident had been just a few minutes later. Owens had a shocked with that.

Can someone explain why Brown was penalised for holding on but you could clearly see his hands being pushed, kicked and grabbed at?

At least Cruden missed it.

Because he was holding on

Thanks for that, so much clearer.

He kept trying to move the ball back but his hands were blocked.

He was tackled and didn't release it. That's the rules. Penalty. Referees discretion as to how long he got to release it but that was pretty blatant.