Sign in to follow this  
David Hodgson

Welcome Emre Can

Some other quotes

Can: “I do not want to exclude anything because I do not know what I will do from summer. My goal is to play a lot, more often, and to be a leader.”

Can: “I’m doing great in England. Here it is is physical and that suits me. The Spanish league is also attractive. The same applies to Germany, where tactics are concerned, and Italy, which has recently caught up.

Some other quotes

Can: “I do not want to exclude anything because I do not know what I will do from summer. My goal is to play a lot, more often, and to be a leader.”

Can: “I’m doing great in England. Here it is is physical and that suits me. The Spanish league is also attractive. The same applies to Germany, where tactics are concerned, and Italy, which has recently caught up.

Good to see him being decisive and narrowing down his options. 

I'm surprised there isn't more anger towards him for f***ing us around

If he was better and more consistent there would be. f*** him and his quiff anyway

Some other quotes

Play more often? He plays pretty much every game if fit. He isnt as good as he thinks he is.

I just watched his 15/16 highlights for the U18s and he's a 6, a 7 and an 8 at different times then he dropped back to full back in preparation I guess for the first team. You're right about his passing, it looks like he likes the 8 position but maybe his dribbling and shooting aren't his main gifts, whereas his long passes and crosses have looked really eye catching since his first appearances.

I watched quite a bit of him as a kid. At his best he reminded stylistically of the wide version of Gerrard or Beckham.

Because we're adults?

I mean from the general fan base rather than on here, this place is definitely on the reasonable end of the LFC fan spectrum.

I mean from the general fan base rather than on here, this place is definitely on the reasonable end of the LFC fan spectrum.

He'll get stick if he moves to city or another English club, but in reality he signed a contract with us and is seeing out his contract, not sure why we should be angry with him

We should be angry with the club maybe but I guess they're not really that bothered either

God help us.

He'll get stick if he moves to city or another English club, but in reality he signed a contract with us and is seeing out his contract, not sure why we should be angry with him

We should be angry with the club maybe but I guess they're not really that bothered either

I didn't say people should be angry, I was expressing surprise that more people aren't. We've a pretty hysterical element to our support who kick off about most things. 

My post to him was not so much anger but the cheeky f***er mentioning going to a big club, where not Everton.

I don't believe for one second that he doesn't know where he's playing next season.

1. If he was staying, you'd think a deal would be agreed/announced by now.

2. If he was going overseas, you'd think he'd have signed and announced a pre-contract by now.

3. If he planned to sign for another English club, he'd have to keep quiet til the end of the season.

Hard to look past 3 in the circumstances.

I don't believe for one second that he doesn't know where he's playing next season.

1. If he was staying, you'd think a deal would be agreed/announced by now.

2. If he was going overseas, you'd think he'd have signed and announced a pre-contract by now.

3. If he planned to sign for another English club, he'd have to keep quiet til the end of the season.

Hard to look past 3 in the circumstances.

Absolutely agree.

How often do Davvo’s 1, 2 and 3 happen in other situations where players have had 6m remaining in a contract?

I’m not sure there is a clear pattern other than, more often than not the player moves to another club.

It's a strange business. Managers are almost never afforded the privilege of seeing out their contract before getting fired whilst players are willified for 'running down' their contract.