By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Emre Can

David Hodgson

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sammy Davies jr song The Candy Man should fit really good with Emre Can.

Ahh yes, Sammy Davis Jr.

The man Bruce Forsyth acclaims as the greatest entertainer of all time.

Many of us not old enough to see Sammy in action feel Bruce himself took over that same mantle many, many years ago.

Ahh yes, Sammy Davis Jr.

The man Bruce Forsyth acclaims as the greatest entertainer of all time.

Many of us not old enough to see Sammy in action feel Bruce himself took over that same mantle many, many years ago.

Kikini Bamalam would beg to differ

I like this signing.

It reminds me of Real Madrid buying Sami Khedira from VfB Stuttgart when he was no household name yet.

There are so many quality players in the Bundesliga nowadays - and the best of them won't leave Germany unless it's a really great step up in their careers (like Özil, Schürrle or Mertesacker did).

This could well turn out to be one hell of a signing. Until then it gives us another option off the bench.

While Khedira wasn't really "Galactico" level when Real bought him, he had started every single game at the World Cup for Germany that summer and had played four or five full seasons of Bundesliga football. I think Stuttgart won the title? It's like saying James Milner or Daniel Sturridge isn't a household name. There's a big gulf between Can and Khedira when Real bought him.

Leverkusen fan in work reckons we've signed the best young talent in German football. Reckons he should have gone to the WC and it's only inconsistency that cost him, he's young and that'll come. Happy with this.

I know. Don't mess with the best coz the best don't mess.

Matty and Cobs combine a bit of guile with the doggedness of Mascherano and Lucas

never enter into a war of attrition with them, cos YOU CAN'T WIN, only lose your will to live (Earl possibly being treated like a dog here)

Matty and Cobs combine a bit of guile with the doggedness of Mascherano and Lucas

never enter into a war of attrition with them, cos YOU CAN'T WIN, only lose your will to live (Earl possibly being treated like a dog here)

I'm Mascherano.

Accusing someone of being the Victor Moses of anything is pretty f*cking harsh. I think I'd rather be the Gary Glitter of something.

you're the Gary Glitter of neck cancer

how's that?