By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Welcome Rickie Lambert

David Hodgson

16 minutes ago, Aunty-N.W.A said:

Yes he was s***, but honestly i've never been happier for someone to join the club 

Fowler coming back?

1 hour ago, Rory Fitzgerald said:

Yeah - big goal in 3-2 game but Jesus, one all the same. I tried to remember his goals and nothing was coming back to me. So I looked it up and no wonder I couldn’t remember “them”

Seeing is believing.

Nah, Lambert had at least performed well the previous couple of seasons. He would have been a half decent option off the bench if we'd kept Suarez or signed someone to replace him who wasn't an absolute clown. Balotelli is the worst signing in the history of the club, I'm surprised anyone with any association to it managed to survive it. 

he wasn't even the worst signing of that summer, which is not in any way to praise Balotelli.

That was the most appalling summer's business on record. So bad it was good in that it led to us getting Klopp barely a year later

15 minutes ago, Maldini said:

Nah, Lambert had at least performed well the previous couple of seasons. He would have been a half decent option off the bench if we'd kept Suarez or signed someone to replace him who wasn't an absolute clown. Balotelli is the worst signing in the history of the club, I'm surprised anyone with any association to it managed to survive it. 

Andy Carroll was a worse signing than Balotelli for me. We paid £35m and he couldn't trap a bag of cement. At least you can form an argument that if we'd have managed Balotelli's head he could have been useful. It was a gamble with some potential upside. Andy Carroll was just s***e. 

Edited by Hightown Phil

2 hours ago, Rory Fitzgerald said:

Question: How many league goals did Balotelli score with us. 

Before looking up the answer, try to remember them

1?

2 hours ago, Rory Fitzgerald said:

Yeah - big goal in 3-2 game but Jesus, one all the same. I tried to remember his goals and nothing was coming back to me. So I looked it up and no wonder I couldn’t remember “them”

4 in total wasn't it? One a peno in Europe where he took the ball off Hendo?

Man, he was seen as a calculated risk at the time, but he was exceptionally w***. Really a 1/10 signing

4 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Andy Carroll was a worse signing than Balotelli for me. We paid £35m and he couldn't trap a bag of cement. At least you can form an argument that if we'd have managed Balotelli's head he could have been useful. It was a gamble with some potential upside. Andy Carroll was just s***e. 

yep

Balotelli ahead of Aquilani but behind (or should that be ahead of?) Carroll, Markovic and Benteke in the how to waste big money stakes.

the difference in our big signings since Klopp came in has been incredible.

5 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

You could see what they were going for when they got Carroll though, big man, good touch, classic number 9, had been scoring regularly when we got him. They knew Balotelli was a waste of space and they signed him to replace arguably our best ever forward, it was ridiculous. 

7 minutes ago, Conrad said:

yep

Balotelli ahead of Aquilani but behind (or should that be ahead of?) Carroll, Markovic and Benteke in the how to waste big money stakes.

the difference in our big signings since Klopp came in has been incredible.

I'm not too against Markovic really. I think Rodgers pretty much ruined him. You could see something in him at times, it just didn't work and playing three positions in a half and then getting hooked at half time as happened once just broke him. Didn't work but most of the downside I think was to do with what happened afterwards. 

5 minutes ago, Maldini said:

You could see what they were going for when they got Carroll though, big man, good touch, classic number 9, had been scoring regularly when we got him. They knew Balotelli was a waste of space and they signed him to replace arguably our best ever forward, it was ridiculous. 

He'd played half a season of Premier League football and we paid £35m when that was a serious amount of money. It was the ultimate panic buy. A club record fee we paid for a player who'd had half a season of Premier League football while we had a caretaker manager. 

Edited by Hightown Phil

Suggesting Balotelli is our worst ever signing is a terrible terrible shout really. 

Markovic, Aquilani, Diouf, Carroll all easily out rank him. 

And that's before you get on to the likes of Benteke, Konchesky, Keane, Diao who are all arguably worse for various reasons. 

Just now, Hightown Phil said:

And if he hadn't have been s***e he might have scored an equaliser in the final. 

He did - the ref didn't allow it. There was a shot circulating someone took who was sat bang along the goal-line - so the bar, posts & line were all aligned, the ball was just over the line

4 minutes ago, Sion said:

Suggesting Balotelli is our worst ever signing is a terrible terrible shout really. 

And that's before you get on to the likes of Benteke, Konchesky, Keane, Diao who are all arguably worse for various reasons. 

Benteke.. Jesus.. like Samson him once he put on a red shirt and had all the ferocity of Bambi.

1 minute ago, Sir Tokyo Sexwale said:

He did - the ref didn't allow it. There was a shot circulating someone took who was sat bang along the goal-line - so the bar, posts & line were all aligned, the ball was just over the line

I don't think it was in but ok, if he wasn't s*** he wouldn't have created this issue because he'd have headed it somewhere bar the very specific part of the goal where Cech could save it. It's an absolutely awful miss when your biggest selling point is that you're supposedly f***ing brilliant at heading. 

Cisse was also pretty bad signing on the grounds he was signed to play while Owen was still here and I've no idea how that was going to work. Not a thing to suggest they could be anything resembling a partnership. 

Raul Meireles another dreadful idea. You've got barely any money so you decide to pay £11m for someone who basically ran round and didn't like physical contact. 

11 minutes ago, Sion said:

In terms of direct impact on the team in terms of who they were replacing them Suarez to Balotelli and Alonso to Aquilani are manager killing howlers.

10 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

Raul Meireles another dreadful idea. You've got barely any money so you decide to pay £11m for someone who basically ran round and didn't like physical contact. 

Ruined Torres' big day at the Bridge though. Well him and Danny Agger.

14 minutes ago, Hightown Phil said:

I don't think it was in but ok, if he wasn't s*** he wouldn't have created this issue because he'd have headed it somewhere bar the very specific part of the goal where Cech could save it. It's an absolutely awful miss when your biggest selling point is that you're supposedly f***ing brilliant at heading. 

Cisse was also pretty bad signing on the grounds he was signed to play while Owen was still here and I've no idea how that was going to work. Not a thing to suggest they could be anything resembling a partnership. 

Yeah - Cisse was 'run fast, kick hard'

Hard to make these calls - Balo & Lambert look really bad (they were) because of where we were in 2014 and how we played and then 2015....

Diouf was a ton of cash at the time, but he won a lot of MOTM awards, he seemed to put in shifts just not at what he was signed for. I don't think he's our worst, it's just post-LFC he's been a terrible gobs***e.