By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Pre Season Friendlies

DPD1973

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the worst shouts I've ever seen

we'd get more for Agger or skrtel, while coates has more of a potential to improve

Sakho/ Lovren/ Skrtel (or Agger)/ Lloris and coates should be enough for next season, and then Loan of of Coates/ lloris in January if they're not getting enough games

Skrtel was our best defender last season, if Lovern comes in and displaces Sakho it's because Sakho didn't have a very good season. I am not a huge Skrtel fan but he was a lot better than Sakho last season.

don't waste your breath mate, the forum has decided that Skrtel is the worst defender in the league

Skrtel was our best defender last season, if Lovern comes in and displaces Sakho it's because Sakho didn't have a very good season. I am not a huge Skrtel fan but he was a lot better than Sakho last season.

No chance, a few goals skewing opinions bigtime.

Thats a pretty mad shout like.

Not really

given just how frequently Rodgers started him I'd be surprised if Rodgers thought we had a better defender last season

I'm not sure we did. Not that skrtel was great, Sakho didn't play that much with injuries and wasn't that impressive. Which of our CHs were better?

Edited by Rod Sex

Yeah don't get me wrong there's no one in last seasons back 5 we can't improve on but Skrtel was the best of the bunch

And it stands to reason that he'd probably be better if he was surrounded by better defenders. I think he's worth sticking with.

I saw his stats yesterday, his, Sakho's and Lovern's and Skrtel was a lot better than either of the other two in most area's, if you couple that with BR constantly picking him i don't think it's too far out to suggest that Lovern will partner Skrtel.

Stats are one thing, positioning is another, we conceded a ridiculous amount of goals last season, Srktel played in nearly all of those games.

And it stands to reason that he'd probably be better if he was surrounded by better defenders. I think he's worth sticking with.

One good in season in how many? Too much of a liability for me, time for a change.

He can be absolutely brilliant on his day, but his main weakness is his consistency, it just isnt there.

Stats are one thing, positioning is another, we conceded a ridiculous amount of goals last season, Srktel played in nearly all of those games.

Yes and he made a few error's too but our defending is about more than just Skrtel, when Agger played along side him we seemed to keep more clean sheets. We are also a very open attacking team that leaves spaces. There was a time when opposition players were literally waltzing through our midfield with little resistance and running directly at our center backs. There are loads of issues that can be addressed. He can defend but what i think may jeopardize his place is that he isn't a leader, someone to marshal the defense and maybe Lovern is that player.

One good in season in how many? Too much of a liability for me, time for a change.

He can be absolutely brilliant on his day, but his main weakness is his consistency, it just isnt there.

That account of goals cannot be just down to the CHs. We need to address a lot more than just the personnel there. And skrtel was part of kenny's defence which was very good.

Yes and he made a few error's too but our defending is about more than just Skrtel, when Agger played along side him we seemed to keep more clean sheets. We are also a very open attacking team that leaves spaces. There was a time when opposition players were literally waltzing through our midfield with little resistance and running directly at our center backs. There are loads of issues that can be addressed. He can defend but what i think may jeopardize his place is that he isn't a leader, someone to marshal the defense and maybe Lovern is that player.

Deffo need a leader in there, Lovren should help with that.

I don't trust Srktel, he has had one good season and has looked very inconsistent for the rest of it.

Would like us to go with Sakho and Lovren, could be set for years if they form a partnership.