By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The NFL thread - 2014/2015.

Ste M

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the bright side Leo - its not Tampa.

never have I seen a team that's so woefully short of being able to challenge for anything. How those guys pick up a paycheck in good faith I don't know. The Vikings are so bad that even Tampa drew with them - them fumbled away the ball and lost in OT.

It sums up the whole team and coaching staff.,. I reckon I could QB better than anything they have right now.

oh and Pittsburg - whats happened to them - they suddenly started playing.. not sure about the D though. Rapey Ben had a huge game and hit pretty much everything he tried.. I don't like him but he was fantatic last night... Still not a patch on him doing a chop block on JJ watt last week though...

Sorry for the ass-kicking Leo......:)/>/>/>/>

Brady was incredible. Not bad for someone being over the hill, washed up, in decline etc.

Urgh - I sat through the lot on gamepass! Pats are a great organisation and my second team so rather them than some others, but it was still horrible! Bears are bumbling about with no clear leadership, it's painful to watch - especially as there's actually a lot of talent on the roster. God knows what Brady would do with our receivers and Forte in the backfield! Cutler is a fraud - he's 31 now and is what he is, bad mistake giving him that huge contract after he was outplayed by McCown with our supporting cast. Great arm but there's so much more to being a QB than that. His career ratings all around 80-85 average say it all - one week he's 100, the next he's 60 and he can't protect the ball or deal with pressure. Plus he's really difficult to like.

Fantasy mental this week - I've got 146 points with Dez Bryant still to play tonight in nfl.com and I'm almost certainly going to lose! I might scrape home with 132 in fleaflicker and cbs could go either way - need 16 points from Dallas defence to win (against the skins). Bye week next week with the Bears and Packers resting is a good time to play me! I'm going to struggle to put a decent side out.

Edited by Leo No.8

That the team who committed an offence (delay of game) resulting in a penalty against them then had another chance to take the kick, having missed it the previous time.

Game should have been over, like it is in rugby if the team trailing concede a penalty when time is up.

But the time wasn't up.

But the time wasn't up.

Yeah, I kind of get that, but just seems to me if they are deemed to be too slow restarting play but then once they do the game clock goes to zero (which it had once the first kick was completed, I think) that they shouldn't then get another crack at the kick.

Don't know, maybe not, suppose the play has to be completed properly but it just seemed spawny beyond belief and harsh on the opposition that they couldn't decline the penalty. Effectively ended up meaning that due to an infringement by his own team, the lad had a sighter - he clearly readjusted on the second kick in light of what happened to the first.

It wasn't really a sighter it was 5 yards closer.

Just seemed odd in the circumstances that they got another go given that the infringement was theirs.

But whatever, don't really understand all the ins and outs of it, am sure there is a reason.

Bears actually got hit in a similar manner against the Pats (not that the 3 points would have made much difference in the end!). Pats got down to our 2 yard line and had 3 goes at it. They went for it on 4th and about half a yard, got stuffed for a loss and then the play was called back for a false start. They moved back 5 yards and got to take a short kick. I felt it was unfair at the time that you couldn't refuse the penalty like you can others, but on reflection the play never actually starts so it's just a bit of bad luck really.

I went to the game at Wembley, being a Falcons fan and all. Why always the Falcons!!!!!

Blowing a 21-0 lead is just ridiculous. Not just that but the manner of it. Matt Ryan throwing it to the wide open Lions player, penalties at the most ridiculous times. I think prior to the field goal it was 3rd & something. Whatever you do, you do NOT stop the clock as the Lions had no timeouts and there was about 15 seconds left. What do they go and do... get caught on holding or some s***.

Not to mention the anti-climatic finish. I celebrated after the miss thinking it was done, only for it to be re-taken. At that point I couldn't have cared less what the outcome was. Falcons win, I'd already celebrated and the moment had gone. Lions win and it's the same old story. Typically the Lions finally scored a field goal to win it.

I had to get that out.

Fantasy teams aren't giving me much joy either, gone from 4-0 to 4-4 in CBS. NFL team is just a disgrace and I can't recover it.

Manning just doesn't like the cold smile.gif

The way that game panned out was lucky for me in terms of our CBS fantasy game, with Manning just throwing it over and over. There wasn't much in it until the second half of that game, think Manning, Gronk and Hillman scored about 45 points in the second half for me between them. Barring Bradshaw going bananas tonight I should be 3-0 this week which I'm happy about with Rodgers on a bye in two leagues, as well as Forte etc.

How bad are the Bears? They're a disgrace at the moment.

I watched the game at a local bar that was packed with Bears and Packers fans. The Bears fans were understandably pissed off with their whole team, but the hatred for Cutler and the coach was something else. Quite a few irate Bears fans were "asked" to leave after empty glasses (plastic) were lobbed at the big screen following one of the Green Bay td's. Pretty much all the others were gone by the end of the 3rd qtr. When the announcers start taking the piss, you know it's been a bad night.

How bad are the Bears? They're a disgrace at the moment.

I got up at 6am to watch that after recording it! I took some solace in Aaron Rodgers being my fantasy QB in two leagues but you beat me anyway and I didn't need the points in nfl.com. So even that consolation was hollow!

Possibly the worst thing is how much ability we have on the roster in comparison to the absolutely appalling play that's being turned out. There's no leadership at all. Mel Tucker should have gone last year - how do you have a historically bad defence and keep your job? The defence is a shambles.

Edited by Leo No.8

With Palmer injury yesterday, I desperately Need a QB in our NFL league. Will listen to all reasonable offers.

offer accepted.

interesting to see how maclin does tonight.. could take me over 200 points in Fleaflicker. amazing how well my team does when I'm actually around to set the lineup and not f***ing off on holiday with my best players on the bench for 3 weeks...