By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Harlem Globetrotters

Molby

We are off to see them on Saturday night, $60 a ticket but Groupon had a buy one , get one free deal.

We are taking our 2 lads, 13 and 16, hopefully they will not be bored. I have been told it's a fun show.

Also bought tickets to see Cher as an anniversary gift for my wife, $290 including fees.

What a waste of a Saturday night.

First off, my wife bailed to go out with friends to a wine and painting party,then my 16yo went to his girlfriend's house.

I ended up taking my 13yo and 2 of his mates.

It was fine for the first half hour, then got boring as f*** as they started doing all kinds of stupid crap with "volunteers" from the crowd. The 3 kids I took beggared off to find a wifi spot and I eventually went to the bar and watched the NCAA basketball and some baseball.

We left before the end. it's probably fine for younger kids and adults who want to watch trick shots and people acting like d****eads.

$120 well and truly spunked, plus the $10 to park and another $25 on over priced beer.

What a waste of a Saturday night.

First off, my wife bailed to go out with friends to a wine and painting party,then my 16yo went to his girlfriend's house.

I ended up taking my 13yo and 2 of his mates.

It was fine for the first half hour, then got boring as f*** as they started doing all kinds of stupid crap with "volunteers" from the crowd. The 3 kids I took beggared off to find a wifi spot and I eventually went to the bar and watched the NCAA basketball and some baseball.

We left before the end. it's probably fine for younger kids and adults who want to watch trick shots and people acting like d****eads.

$120 well and truly spunked, plus the $10 to park and another $25 on over priced beer.

:D:D

luckily last time I went I had free tickets. still a waste of time though.

Molby - I'm sure you'll have a fine time..

I think he's still alive. That was the golden era for them.

I saw them in around 1974, got all their autographs, and yesterday, I got 'Stretch's' (some freak of nature that kept having to sit down and rest as he was so big) autograph on a Harlem Globetrotters ball

those boys have got such a good attitude; wholesome fun for all the family

feck off Nebraska...........go paint the yard fence or clear a snowdrift or something

I saw them in around 1974, got all their autographs, and yesterday, I got 'Stretch's' (some freak of nature that kept having to sit down and rest as he was so big) autograph on a Harlem Globetrotters ball

those boys have got such a good attitude; wholesome fun for all the family

feck off Nebraska...........go paint the yard fence or clear a snowdrift or something

Pretty sure I was pissed off at half the family for bailing , and taking 3 kids who thought Minecraft and YouTube were more fun.

Are these lads basically just not good enough for the NBA so do this instead?

Was there ever a time when they made more money out of this stuff?

I saw them a few years ago, took the kids from school to the MEN or whatever it was calling itself at the time, it was all right like, as far as it was going to be for someone who doesn't really like basketball.

Edited by kop205

I saw them a few years ago, took the kids from school to the MEN or whatever it was calling itself at the time, it was all right like, as far as it was going to be for someone who doesn't really like basketball.

Apparently, they draft college kids who are not good enough for the next level, as long as they are showmen and can do all the trick stuff. They get a lot of celebs involved, so there must be some decent money involved. The schlubs they play against might not be doing it for the love of the game.

Some of them while not being pro standard in terms of game time are freakish in other areas such as fancy tricks and being able to jump out of the gym,

A fella called "The Air up there" (youtube him) for instance is dunking the ball better than most of the pros. Others are really good shooters or maybe fellas who had injury problems that wouldn't stand up to a long season in the pros.

Thanks for heads up. Was thinking about it as am in Toronto for a few days with the family.

Any suggestions on alternatives to do in evenings?

Blue Jays baseball if they are at home. If they have the roof closed, it's a great place to watch the game. If the weather is decent head down to the lake front. Of course there are lots of decent pubs/bars in the city center and they have a great drive in movie place in the evenings.