By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The 2018 World Cup

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deserved winners in the end. Great tournament. One (or several) in they eye for the perennial International football moaning bellends.

Shame it’s 8 years til we get a proper World Cup again

Deserved winners in the end. Great tournament. One (or several) in they eye for the perennial International football moaning bellends.

Shame it’s 8 years til we get a proper World Cup again

So, you think North America will produce a good World Cup? :)

I think Qatar might be ok for the reason mentioned earlier. A mid season tournament with fresh players could be really good.

As far as I know, there's been no major injuries from this one which will please club fans, and that bodes well for 2022.

fantastic world cup, been great fun. and a final that had all sorts too. loved it.

VAR can still f*** off of course. it'd have been an even better world cup without it.

Disagree re VAR. For the most part it was a good addition to this WC. Sadly, it's last use was somewhat controversial. Still needs work, but it's much needed in the PL due to the inept referees.

Disagree re VAR. For the most part it was a good addition to this WC. Sadly, it's last use was somewhat controversial. Still needs work, but it's much needed in the PL due to the inept referees.

it's an awful addition to football full stop. get better referees in the PL who play the rules not the occasion. "sadly its last use was somewhat controversial" kind of undermines its entire purpose.

it's an awful addition to football full stop. get better referees in the PL who play the rules not the occasion. "sadly its last use was somewhat controversial" kind of undermines its entire purpose.

If you are waiting for better referees in the PL, it'll be a long while coming. Using VAR might be a catalyst for change.

VAR has hardly been used in the last few rounds

Overall I think it's been great

If you are waiting for better referees in the PL, it'll be a long while coming. Using VAR might be a catalyst for change.

that sounds like a line from a FIFA press release. referees in the champions league seem to be quite good. in england, not so much. so get better referees like they have in europe rather than undermining them with slow motion sky telly crap.

VAR has hardly been used in the last few rounds

Overall I think it's been great

it's w*nk and can f*** off. game just doesn't need it.

that sounds like a line from a FIFA press release. referees in the champions league seem to be quite good. in england, not so much. so get better referees like they have in europe rather than undermining them with slow motion sky telly crap.

it's w*nk and can f*** off. game just doesn't need it.

How long have we been waiting for better refs in England? I'd take consistent refereeing to start with. If the tech is there to get decisions right, use it. You know that SKY et al will be using it as museum next season.

How long have we been waiting for better refs in England? I'd take consistent refereeing to start with. If the tech is there to get decisions right, use it. You know that SKY et al will be using it as museum next season.

SKY using anything is a bad thing by definition. like i said, get better referees. european refs seem to manage to ref the rules not the occasion. managers and players doing the hands/rectangle thing is nauseating and even with the slow-mo replays they still get calls wrong. leave it the f*** alone.

VAR was really good, enhanced the game and will clamp down on snide behaviour as it beds in

It needs time to get it optimised and personally I don't like the ref viewing the screen outside, but a success for me and shame it's not coming to help us out next season

VAR was really good, enhanced the game and will clamp down on snide behaviour as it beds in

It definitely reduced the penalty area wrestling after a few pens were given. Might help explain the number of set piece goals, as attackers were able to get freer runs at the ball

it doesn't "enhance the game" at all. it undermines referees and will in time skew games in favour of big teams who have more ball in opposing boxes and get more chances to call for its use. it's s***e.

Stevie H must be Howard Webb in real life. That's the only reasonable explanation for this level of anti VAR feelings.

i'm just a crusty old traditionalist mate. football is a game of mistakes, errors and human fallibility. and think referees are an essential part of the game, perhaps the most important, and don't like seeing their authority undermined. it wasn't broken. don't try to fix it with something that can and only will go downhill.

It needs time to get it optimised and personally I don't like the ref viewing the screen outside, but a success for me and shame it's not coming to help us out next season

Every time the ball has hit a hand in the area it seems, a penalty has been awarded.

Can't remember a blatant hand ball, can only remember ones like today. Don't like it much.

It hasn't cut out any mistakes by the officials, just seems to had the opposite effect.

it doesn't "enhance the game" at all. it undermines referees and will in time skew games in favour of big teams who have more ball in opposing boxes and get more chances to call for its use. it's s****.

It does enhance the game as it helps get things right, which helps the refs. If it helps out big teams it's because it will be giving them correct decisions. Good

It's ace

Every time the ball has hit a hand in the area it seems, a penalty has been awarded.

Can't remember a blatant hand ball, can only remember ones like today. Don't like it much.

It hasn't cut out any mistakes by the officials, just seems to had the opposite effect.

it removes the referee's first call from the equation. which is almost always correct. everything looks different in slo-mo. 

But we've seen many handball decisions like the one today given before VAR

it removes the referee's first call from the equation. which is almost always correct. everything looks different in slo-mo.

It's not always-almost correct

Fair play to you for talking this amount of s*** despite being proven demonstrably wrong this past month.

Thought the ref really gave that a lot of consideration today, re the pen: big call, and went with the underlying theme of giving the advantage to the attacker theme, probably, most likely, not deliberate hand to ball but the hand was used to prevent the ball getting into a very dangerous area - overall, I think a fair call. And overall VAR itself, has really shook it up an a really good way, been a great tournament.

Fair play to you for talking this amount of s*** despite being proven demonstrably wrong this past month.

yet even with VAR they've still made calls that were demonstrably wrong. and have undermined the authority of referees and the basic nature of the game. well in lads. drone refs next operated by sky and sponsored by betfair. sounds ace.