Sign in to follow this  
Sir Tokyo Sexwale

Where's that f***ing plane?

Most plausible is that it was flown out towards the ocean and not towards mainland Asia. Military etc would take less notice of a plane flying away from their territory. Still it is a very strange case indeed. If it flew for hours, off track and with no comms the intentions were not good. If it was a technical problem etc an attempt to land at the nearest suitable airport would have been made. In this case a return to KL would have been an obvious choice.

Discount all the major airports. No way it landed anywhere like that. So one then has to come up with an airfield that is big enough, remote enough for the locals not to take much notice and in a place corrupt/lawless enough for there to be accomplices on ground running the airport.

Saw this place mentioned on that pilot forum linked earlier in the thread. My link . Some guy linked to a satellite picture showing it had a runway long enough for a 777, having fairly recently been lengthened.

I'm still struggling to believe they don't know where it is, at least to within a much smaller range than currently being said.

Yeah I am a member on PPRUNe and saw that. Plausible as are 2-3 other fields but logic would dictate that the place has been checked out since the disappearance.

The latest theory that its in Afghanistan are bonkers surely. India isn't just going to let an unidentified plane fly the whole length of the country.

The latest theory that its in Afghanistan are bonkers surely. India isn't just going to let an unidentified plane fly the whole length of the country.

It's not entirely likely to shoot one down with 150 chinese passengers on either, unless it's specifically threatening.

I read somewhere that India have categorically said it didn't enter their airspace.

if I were skyjacking a plane I wouldn't try to land it on an existing runway

I'd find an uninhabited island and build a new airstrip

if I were skyjacking a plane I wouldn't try to land it on an existing runway

I'd find an uninhabited island and build a new airstrip

I'd be interested to see the cost/benefit analysis for that decision.

The girls at work think its in space.

seriously.

are you saying that this theory is held by more than one girl?

I'd be interested to see the cost/benefit analysis for that decision.

I've done a spread sheet on it

I got the idea from Tintin - Flight 714; just seen a headline on one of the rags about the hijackers doing the same thing apparently

Uninhabited island, transporting tonnes of construction material there to build a runway long enough and strong enough for a 777 to land on it. Seriously doubt it.

are you saying that this theory is held by more than one girl?

Yep, one says "i think that plane is in space" the other says "it would explain a lot" "Yep, we arent alone in this universe, look at the pyramids"

brilliant.

Yep, one says "i think that plane is in space" the other says "it would explain a lot" "Yep, we arent alone in this universe, look at the pyramids"

brilliant.

wow

are they fit?

Uninhabited island, transporting tonnes of construction material there to build a runway long enough and strong enough for a 777 to land on it. Seriously doubt it.

it works, I've done a spread sheet on it

you just stick a net at one end and then the runway doesn't have to be so long

I've done a spread sheet on it

I got the idea from Tintin - Flight 714; just seen a headline on one of the rags about the hijackers doing the same thing apparently

Well the A Team often managed to rustle up a landing strip when required, so I don't see why a determined set of international hijackers should be capable of anything less.

The girls at work think its in space.

seriously.

that makes sense though. i bet they knew everyone was going to be flying around looking down at the ocean. no one has thought to look up.

it's genius, these girls are on to something (or just on something)

Well the A Team often managed to rustle up a landing strip when required, so I don't see why a determined set of international hijackers should be capable of anything less.

if only these malaysian investigators had asked themselves the pertinent question: what would A@A do?

brilliant.

Just tell them it wouldn't need aliens. If the pilot got distracted talking and stuff and just kept pulling up on his controls then before they knew it it would be in outer space. Would also explain it disappearing off the radar.

I reckon they'd go for that.

brilliant.

Even women don't listen to each other, it's the only way they can get on.

wow

are they fit?

Nope.

Just tell them it wouldn't need aliens. If the pilot got distracted talking and stuff and just kept pulling up on his controls then before they knew it it would be in outer space. Would also explain it disappearing off the radar.

I reckon they'd go for that.

I actually think they will, one of them got a call from a fax machine and I was saying it was a distress signal from the plane and in fact, they could save them all.