Sign in to follow this  
Sir Tokyo Sexwale

Where's that f***ing plane?

Reading this in the Guardian, I think Cobs has something to do with it as with Dando...

But since the diversion is believed to be deliberate, unravelling the mystery of flight MH370 is now likely to rely as much on deciphering human clues as technical data: who was responsible and what did they want?

:detective:/>

Edited by Macca

Its going to just turn up at its destination. No one on board will even have realised they have been missing, they just think its been a normal flight. everyones head will be f***ed because no one will understand what the hell happened

Its going to just turn up at its destination. No one on board will even have realised they have been missing, they just think its been a normal flight. everyones head will be f***ed because no one will understand what the hell happened

it will turn out that it was US that were kidnapped and tampered with, those on the plane being the only ones unaffected

Bit weird that there seem to have been no mobile phone calls from passengers to loved ones if the plane has deviated from its course and flown for a few more hours *

Wouldn't imagine that could happen without the passengers realising/being made aware of it by the crew.

Would maybe support more the idea of a sudden cataclysmic event like a mid-air explosion - but then why no debris?

* assuming calls are possible from planes? I think they are now, aren't they?

All very weird.

Heard on the radio that the pilot is allowed to request extra fuel, before take off, over and above whats usually needed to reach the destination.

It sounds to me like we might need a bigger diagram, with more circles on it.

Has anyone actually seen that flight, did anyone see it take off ? The truth is there never was any plane.

bit weird that it wasn't reported as missing until an hour after it was suppposed to land

bit weird that it wasn't reported as missing until an hour after it was suppposed to land

I am curious to know what the authorities were doing, when they lost contact...saw that it changed course, and tracked it flying back over Malaysia (possibly), especially as they are saying it could have carried on flying for upto 7 hours.

Did they not think to scramble any jets etc?

Was it in international airspace?

Strange

Bit weird that there seem to have been no mobile phone calls from passengers to loved ones if the plane has deviated from its course and flown for a few more hours *

Wouldn't imagine that could happen without the passengers realising/being made aware of it by the crew.

Would maybe support more the idea of a sudden cataclysmic event like a mid-air explosion - but then why no debris?

* assuming calls are possible from planes? I think they are now, aren't they?

All very weird.

Good point, especially if it was the case they were flying low and below radar, they surely would have been on normal mobile network coverage even briefly had they been heading for the Indian Ocean.

Also the in flight entertainment system must have been turned off or there would have been mayhem when the map started giving the game away.

I am curious to know what the authorities were doing, when they lost contact...saw that it changed course, and tracked it flying back over Malaysia (possibly), especially as they are saying it could have carried on flying for upto 7 hours.

Did they not think to scramble any jets etc?

Was it in international airspace?

Strange

I'm sure scrambled jets taste nice and crispy, but i doubt they had time for breakfast

I think no one is yet really convinced by any of the outcome scenarios being put forward so far. It does seem that the aircraft was purposely flown off course. Once that has happened the area where it can travel to with 5hrs of fuel remaining is massive .Well over 1000 miles. People mentioning the AF447 wreckage being found in the Atlantic miss one crucial point, that plane was on course and the aircraft was communicating via ACARS with ground stations, pilots had reported their position earlier in the flight etc. From all that data it was relatively straightforward to narrow down the search area. If this plane went off course there is nothing to go by, especially if it flew for hours.

It seems that the transponder was purposely switched off. This is possible from within the flightdeck. It is switched off most places on ground. There are also two transponders on board. Without a transponder it is still possible to pick up an aircraft on radar. A transponder just shows Air Traffic Control the details of the plane on the radar. It is indeed very suspicious that the transponder AND the ACARS were turned off. Pilots would not know how to turn the ACARS off from their training. For someone to do that, the intentions were never good. For transponder and ACARS to be turned off suddenly could therefore mean one of two things:

i. Sudden catastrophe, however the lack of wreckage, debris etc, seems to discount this theory so far.

ii. It was done purposely. This one is gaining momentum, especially as it seems to have happened at a point in the flight which would enable the plane to go undetected or its absence not immediately noted. They were in the process of changing over to a new Air Traffic Control centre when this happened.

If it is indeed scenario ii then my fear is that the plane was flown well off course and eventually crashed somewhere. One of the pilots, or a very remote chance of it being a hijacker, wanted to commit suicide/be martyred. If it were a hijacker though, I'd think we'd have had some groups claiming to have been behind this by now. A suicidal pilot, acting on his own could be plausible. It happened before with an Egypt Air pilot crashing an airliner into the Atlantic Ocean over 10yrs ago.

I just cannot get to accept the fact that this plane landed somewhere over one week ago and that it has gone undetected so far. It is a big plane, would require a sizeable runway and also a sizeable hangar etc. to hide it after it landed. I am pretty sure all airports that fit the requirements are being watched closely via satellite etc. Also if it landed somewhere, what happened to the over 200 passengers? All killed? If yes, again why no group claiming it. The theory that the plane was stolen to be used for some future terrorist attack does not convince me. There were quite a few cities in the region which could have been used for such a terrorist attack on that flight.

Edited by Nerik

634 runways it could have landed on

SLIDER-Malaysia-missing-flight-MH370-3245895.jpg

You would think the vast majority of these are major airports where everything is monitored, tracked, recorded.

It seems inconceivable that it could land and be hidden somewhere.

Discount all the major airports. No way it landed anywhere like that. So one then has to come up with an airfield that is big enough, remote enough for the locals not to take much notice and in a place corrupt/lawless enough for there to be accomplices on ground running the airport.

:lol:/>

That part of the world - think of the military radar, no way can it just sashay in like Suarez vs a ManU defence

One of the big criticisms of Malaysias handling of this is that after the transponders on the plane were turned off, and it changed course. It showed up on Malaysian military radar crossing the country Westwards and then north west.

What did they do ? Nothing. Not a single jet scrambled.

The whole thing is bananas.