Sign in to follow this  
Sir Tokyo Sexwale

Where's that f***ing plane?

They are referencing when Harold Bishop disappeared for a few years, and was later found to be alive

Would Ed be surprised if Harold Bishop turned up again, taxiing this Malaysian plane along Ramsey Street? I'm fascinated to see where Ed's surprise threshold lies!

I reckon hijacking seems the most obvious answer to what happened originally, but no idea where its gone from there. Read that the two communications devices were turned off at separate times.

From that link above...

"

Military radar-tracking evidence suggests a Malaysia Airlines jetliner missing for nearly a week was deliberately flown across the Malay peninsula towards the Andaman Islands, sources familiar with the investigation told Reuters.

Two sources said an unidentified aircraft that investigators believe was Flight MH370 was following a route between navigational waypoints - indicating it was being flown by someone with aviation training - when it was last plotted on military radar off the country's northwest coast.

The last plot on the military radar's tracking suggested the plane was flying toward India's Andaman Islands, a chain of isles between the Andaman Sea and the Bay of Bengal, they said.

Waypoints are geographic locations, worked out by calculating longitude and latitude, that help pilots navigate along established air corridors.

A third source familiar with the investigation said inquiries were focusing increasingly on the theory that someone who knew how to fly a plane deliberately diverted the flight, with 239 people on board, hundreds of miles off its intended course from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

"What we can say is we are looking at sabotage, with hijack still on the cards," said that source, a senior Malaysian police official.

All three sources declined to be identified because they were not authorised to speak to the media and due to the sensitivity of the investigation.

Officials at Malaysia's Ministry of Transport, the official point of contact for information on the investigation, did not return calls seeking comment.

Malaysian police have previously said they were investigating whether any passengers or crew had personal or psychological problems that might shed light on the mystery, along with the possibility of a hijacking, sabotage or mechanical failure.

The comments by the three sources are the first clear indication that foul play is the main focus of official suspicions in the Boeing 777's disappearance.

As a result of the new evidence, the sources said, multinational search efforts were being stepped up in the Andaman Sea and also the Indian Ocean. "

And

"Two U.S. officials believe the shutdown of two separate communications systems from the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 happened at different times, indicating the disappearance was less likely the result of a catastrophic failure and more the result of a "deliberate act," according to a new report from ABC News."

New Evidence Suggests That Plane Disappearance Was A Deliberate Act | Business Insider India"

and....

"Press conference going on at 0930 GMT

1 Turnback not 100% certified. primary military radar shows an unidentified aircraft flew across the peninsula.

2 US satelliet information cannot be revealed right now until verified and confirmed

3 we are now sharing info that is not normally shared because of national security

4 cannot confirm that there has been no hijacking

5 we are extending the search into the Indian Ocean and further into the South China Sea

6 two oil slicks found near area of last point of contact - one had jet fuel but say not from MH370. Other had no jet fuel.

7 Plane flew across the peninsula and on up to Andaman islands question - Transport minister will not confirm or verify.

8 Reports engine data continued not true. "

The plot is thickening...

Something has happened after the plane has leveled out - possible that once passengers were able to move around the airplane that there's been an attempted highjack.

Would be somewhat reassuring to know that it was because of some mentalism rather than a sudden spontaneous catastrophe.

Not for the poor f*****s on board, granted.

Would be somewhat reassuring to know that it was because of some mentalism rather than a sudden spontaneous catastrophe.

I'm not sure about that.

There's a lot of mentalists in the world - think I'd rather it was a one in a million catastrophe. Would likely be quicker too.

Why is it even possible for pilots to switch off the transponders, what none shady reason could there be for doing that?

Yeah, it's weird. Any such switch should probably be a fake switch (with only 3 people in the world knowing where the real switch is)

Yeah, it's weird. Any such switch should probably be a fake switch (with only 3 people in the world knowing where the real switch is)

they should have gunk come out of the ceiling when the button is pushed

So the Malaysian PM confirms it was pinging a satellite for 5 hours after last radar position.

And that the focus is the Indian Ocean.

So it must have flown effectively below radar west, by someone who could fly and turn off all the gear.

But nobody has taken responsibility for it, so it must have been the pilots or a solo run by a mentalist on board?

This is all getting very odd, surely someone would have noticed a plane landing in an unauthorised location. Be a bit pointless hijacking it and flying in a different direction for 5 hours before ditching it in the sea.

Why is it even possible for pilots to switch off the transponders, what none shady reason could there be for doing that?

They have to be able to turn off anything electrical in case of fire

Find it hard to believe out of all of this that the USA Russia or China don't all have real time satellite data they can look back on.

Find it hard to believe out of all of this that the USA Russia or China don't all have real time satellite data they can look back on.

It's a lot of ocean to look at. I don't know how easy that is to search through, do you ?

It's a lot of ocean to look at. I don't know how easy that is to search through, do you ?

Could they not just bring it up taking off and follow its path?

Could they not just bring it up taking off and follow its path?

I don't know, if it's that straightforward then they will have done that, or be in the process of doing it.

I somehow doubt that there are satellites watching everything that happens, all the time. We are talking about thousands of square miles of ocean, at night. do you think there are satellites watching and recording images of everything that happens on the surface of the ocean ?

I don't know, if it's that straightforward then they will have done that, or be in the process of doing it.

I somehow doubt that there are satellites watching everything that happens, all the time. We are talking about thousands of square miles of ocean, at night. do you think there are satellites watching and recording images of everything that happens on the surface of the ocean ?

In a word - yes

The technology exists, maybe not real time video but certainly a series of still images at small intervals.

Its probably why they're currently searching in the Indian Ocean.

In a word - yes

The technology exists, maybe not real time video but certainly a series of still images at small intervals.

Its probably why they're currently searching in the Indian Ocean.

Are you sure about that ?

I've found nothing to suggest the ocean is being monitored at night.

This ...

My link

The China Centre for Resources Satellite Data and Application said in a statement on its website earlier this week that it had deployed eight land observation satellites to scour the suspected crash area.

By Tuesday morning, it had obtained images covering 120,000 square kilometres, describing their quality as "rather good".

China has also requested assistance from a fleet of Earth-monitoring satellites under an international charter designed to aid emergency efforts.

US authorities said their spy satellites had detected no sign of a mid-air explosion.

Suggests that the Chinese had to divert land monitoring satellites to look at the ocean after the event

Are you sure about that ?

I've found nothing to suggest the ocean is being monitored at night.

This ...

My link

Suggests that the Chinese had to divert land monitoring satellites to look at the ocean after the event

I'm gonna sound like a loon here, but they would hardly admit it if they had the sort of technology capable, would they.

There's something about this kind of thing that makes people take leaps of logic. It goes from 'I can see why that technology might exist' or 'that seems feasible'

To

'they can well do that, they must be able to do it' then suspicion of authority gets thrown in the mix and we arrive at

'I find it hard to believe they can't do 'x' , they aren't telling us, it's a conspiracy'

It's a pattern you see over and over with things that happen. Most of us, if we are honest have barely the faintest insight into all of this. Most people (not you Sion ;) ) barely understand how an airliner navigates, how satellite communications work or the difference between, and limitations of gps, cell phones, radar and flight transponders. But if a disaster with some mystery happens, all of a sudden a lot of people become experts.

And I'm just talking about normal forums, with reasonable people, not even the ones with the conspiracy nut jobs like the icke forum.