Sign in to follow this  
Sir Tokyo Sexwale

Where's that f***ing plane?

It it turned up on an airfield somewhere I wouldn't be massively surprised.

You have a really high surprise threshold.

They're all dead and someone needs to find out how they died and where they are.

Which makes the dramatic speculative approach in the media a bit uncomfortable to watch, even if it is clearly a fascinating situation.

There was also a team of 20 electronic experts on board who work for a company called "Freescale" which nobody has mentioned.

Freescales website has them as supplying:

Battlefield Communications

Avionics

Missile Guidance

Electronic Warfare

Just saying like...

It it turned up on an airfield somewhere I wouldn't be massively surprised.

Er, what?

If that was the case, what's happened to all the passengers? Or is there just no phone signal at this airfield and no way of leaving it?

There was also a team of 20 electronic experts on board who work for a company called "Freescale" which nobody has mentioned.

Freescales website has them as supplying:

Battlefield Communications

Avionics

Missile Guidance

Electronic Warfare

Just saying like...

Plenty of tinfoil hat wearers have been pointing that out.

Amazing to think that in a world where we are CC-TV'd constantly, a bloody great plane - monitored on radar and with all manner of sensors aboard - can disappear and stay disappeared for a week.

MV5BMTIwNTUwNDM3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzU5NDA5._V1_SY317_CR3,0,214,317_.jpg

Millennium

An NTSB investigator seeking the cause of an airline disaster meets a warrior woman from 1000 years in the future.

Or, the Somali pirates have expanded operations!

Edited by Nebraska Red

Could the plane have stayed intact after landing on the water, much like the NY incident a few years back and then sunk? Could explain the lack of wreckage....

Could the plane have stayed intact after landing on the water, much like the NY incident a few years back and then sunk? Could explain the lack of wreckage....

I'm no aviation expert, but my thought on that would be that with the pilots not making any contact at all to signal distress, if the plane has crashed it must have been something catastrophic and sudden, which would mean it would be unlikely the plane would land intact.

I'm no aviation expert, but my thought on that would be that with the pilots not making any contact at all to signal distress, if the plane has crashed it must have been something catastrophic and sudden, which would mean it would be unlikely the plane would land intact.

Communications system could have been faulty..?

You have a really high surprise threshold.

My point was, it's one of many options at the minute. Unlikely yes, but so is a commercial 777 disappearing for 4 days with no debris etc to speak of don't you think? As far as I'm aware this hasn't happened before in decades of commercial flying. So something extra ordinary isn't impossible.

My point was, it's one of many options at the minute. Unlikely yes, but so is a commercial 777 disappearing for 4 days with no debris etc to speak of don't you think? As far as I'm aware this hasn't happened before in decades of commercial flying. So something extra ordinary isn't impossible.

You really don't think it'd be a massive surprise if the plane is just parked up somewhere (and everyone's fine)?

part of that problem is its transponder went off - why, we may never know. But all that gives us is a last known location. Did it go down quickly - then search near that spot. If it flew for say 2 more hours, that's about 1,000 miles & suddenly the search area is f***ing huge.

But the transponder went off either because of catastrophe then & there or bc it was switched off. The latter is really weird unless it was pilot suicide

The first part not so much no. The second part yes.

What could have happened that the plane is fine but everyone on board isn't?

I need to understand a loony conspiracy theory before I can really get behind it :)

I need to understand a loony conspiracy theory before I can really get behind it smile.gif

food poisoning

Alien abduction - they're in Outer Space now. Or a parallel universe. Or like Lost, they're all ok but on a previously-undiscovered island somewhere

Dormant volcano, or flown it into space and don't know how to get back down.

They've presumably all ended up in the same place as everyone who was on Flight 93 when that was landed somewhere safely. That lot must be delighted to finally have some new company.

Oh hang on, it's Flight 77 that the nutters think didn't crash isn't it?

Edited by Gilps