Where's that f***ing plane?

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a secret Volcano lair somewhere near the Andaman islands...

If it's true that the transponder was turned off, but the plane still appeared on military radar over the Straits of Mallacca (100s of miles of course, going in a different direction) then it's not beyond the realms of possibility that something fanciful is going on. That's one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world so you'd think something would be picked up if there was a crash/explosion.

In a secret Volcano lair somewhere near the Andaman islands...

If it's true that the transponder was turned off, but the plane still appeared on military radar over the Straits of Mallacca (100s of miles of course, going in a different direction) then it's not beyond the realms of possibility that something fanciful is going on. That's one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world so you'd think something would be picked up if there was a crash/explosion.

been talking about this over here tonight. it's nuts that it's just vanished, someone knows where it is. the lack of black box and any communication thing is what's really messing with me.

I reckon the most plausible theories i've heard so far are a sudden incident which made both pilots unconscious/dead (decompression?)

Or one of the pilots committed suicide by locking the other out the cockpit and just nosediving into the sea.

Edited by Sion

Says on bbc they date from Sunday but just got released today

So for all their jibberjabbering about Malaysian 'incompetence', they sat on potentially crucial evidence for 3 days. Nice.

Seems like there's no sign of those objects Atbthos coordinates. They'll surely have to look on the sea bed.

Seems to be a lot of misinformation coming out. The big question is whether it's deliberate leaking of misinfo - i suspect that's the real reason we'll never know the truth.

The lack of talk about the black box is very odd.

So for all their jibberjabbering about Malaysian 'incompetence', they sat on potentially crucial evidence for 3 days. Nice.

Seems more likely the Chinese public comments were about wanting to release that info, whereas other parties wanted it keeping quiet til they'd investigated it fully. The reports state that the areas have already been checked by Malaysian planes and others, and nothing found don't they ?

Seems to be a lot of misinformation coming out. The big question is whether it's deliberate leaking of misinfo - i suspect that's the real reason we'll never know the truth.

The lack of talk about the black box is very odd.

They are definitely releasing what they want, when they want, but I'm sure there's good reason. Must be hell for the families mind, unless they are being given a little more than the press, which seems unlikely I guess.

Suggestion that it flew beneath radar for 4 hours after last known location, transponders turned off but the engines were automatically sending updates to the Rolls Royce HQ.

But TBH it just seems to be theorising let right and centre now. But at least they've stopped waving the terrorism implications around in the media.

Why would they fly below radar for 4 hours though, unless it was a hijack?

The way the Malaysians have been giving information suggests either they are wildly incompetant, or there's something else going on. I had wondered if it was an attempt by someone to agitate China and maybe the US are trying to prevent that happening.

Very very odd though. It it turned up on an airfield somewhere I wouldn't be massively surprised.

The way the Malaysians have been giving information suggests either they are wildly incompetant, or there's something else going on. I had wondered if it was an attempt by someone to agitate China and maybe the US are trying to prevent that happening.

Very very odd though. It it turned up on an airfield somewhere I wouldn't be massively surprised.

Come on, that would be staggering.

That would be like the most surprising thing that has ever happened