Sign in to follow this  
Will

Gigs 2014+

I dont hear much daytime output so wouldn't know but I don't hear them 2 very often at night or the weekends.

Yeah, daytime output for me. 

Going to see Nubiyan Twist on Saturday doing the non creepy middle aged fella going to gigs on my own thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7nYMAxbXAs

I saw the Bobby McGees in Cardiff once and there was one of those creepy middle aged indie guys with a bag right down at the front, in the between song banter the singer asked if anyone had kids and then pointed at this one guy and said "I know you have, in your f*cking freezer."

Fortunately I don't take my bag to gigs and I won't be right down the front. Tbh It's why I prefer gigs to clubs cos gigs it's alright where clubs would feel be a bit weird

Going to see David Byrne again in New York, in January.

Watched this clip of him on the Tonight Show.. Road to Nowhere... just absolutely loved this

Think I might hint about this as my a Christmas present for now into perpetuity :)

Edited by Senrab_nhoj

Happy Mondays at Liverpool student Uni tonight

Sounded much better than I expected... Bez just looks like someone who has won a competition. Fair play he always looks in his element

Crowd was mostly full of bellends though

Beak> tonight.

Ended up selling my tickets for that in Cardiff. We were both ill and the derby was on - sounds like it was a cracking gig but I got to see us smash Everton instead

You'll have a blast - great live and funny as f***

Was great, fantastic set and they really enjoy playing. A bloke in front of me at the merch stand spent 285 quid, not seen the like.

I went to a concert tonight. I wasn't paying attention and I agreed to to after my wife suggested it. Holy f*ck. Trans Siberian Orchestra. Utter, utter, mortifying rubbish. I lasted fifteen minutes before I insisted we leave. She hated it too to be fair. I had no idea that it was a pseudo-evangelical thing. People were waiving their hands in the air and pointing to the heavens. Ironically, I felt like I'd been plopped down in hell. I can't ever remember feeling so weird. 

But we went to a great mafia restaurant nearby and that made up for it.

Edited by New York Red

Koko in Camden on fire :-( Hope they manage to save it, one of my favourite music venues

Aw crap - one of our favourite venues when we were in London.

The missus is 5ft2 and 'cos it had those 3 floors of small balconies it was one of the few places she could actually see a gig properly. Plus we could walk home.

As you say, hope they save it and there's nothing shady behind the fire.

Going to see David Byrne again in New York, in January.

I just bought tickets for that last night. I’m taking it as being on your recommendation. If it’s no good, you’re a dead man.

When are you in? Pint?

American Utopia - David Byrne, on Boxing Day (2019)

It's him talking and mostly singing but rather than a gig it's a show. 

It's pretty excellent really - in a proper theatre, so defo not a gig

For me it's the perfect festival.

Beautiful location, great lineup, compact enough you can get between the 3 main stages quickly, good camping pitches, beer tent with 50+ Welsh beers & 20 Welsh ciders

Problem is it costs us too much to shut down this place in our peak season to justify going most years.

Edited by Gethin