By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Gigs 2014+

Will

I was at The Stone Roses last night. First half was flat but from Made of Stone onward it was great. Ian Brown can't sing for sh*te but the rest of them are great musicians. Also, I was with my old mates and my brother and I was completely f*cked for the first time in a while, so it was fun.

Ended up going again tonight as a mate had a spare... Courteeners and Public Enemy were great warm up for it...

Enjoyed it more tonight than Friday... Made of Stone is a proper crowd rouser.. Yeah he can't sing for s***, but collectively they are great

• 2 weeks later...

It was brilliant. Lad is just dead good at music.

Opened with Devil's Haircut, Loser and Mixed Bizness, did a few off pretty much every album including a lovely 3 song run from Sea Change.

Covers of China Girl and Good Times and a 10 minute meltdown of Where It's At as the encore. Brilliant, brilliant musician, even if he is a massive-weirdo Scientologist.

It was brilliant. Lad is just dead good at music.

Opened with Devil's Haircut, Loser and Mixed Bizness, did a few off pretty much every album including a lovely 3 song run from Sea Change.

Covers of China Girl and Good Times and a 10 minute meltdown of Where It's At as the encore. Brilliant, brilliant musician, even if he is a massive-weirdo Scientologist.

Strange - I've seen him a few times over the years and he's always been great but was really disappointed with his Glastonbury set. Thought it was really lacklustre

Did you go? My mate was there and he said Beck kept apologising for not getting into it.

Nah - just watching on TV, was really disappointed by how off form he was.

His gigs I saw in the era when they had the puppet show at the front (I guess 10 years or so ago) were epic

Didn't realise he was a f***ing Scientologist though

Yeah it's a bit echoey.

Unsurprisingly I guess, when you look.

Yeah, it's just a big box isn't it.

Who was on this year? I haven't been since seeing First Aid Kit a few years back.

Aha, I see you have answered that already. They were one of the supports acts for The Stone Roses the other week. Odd choice for a stadium full of pissed-up scallies.

Edited by Stanley Leisure

• 2 weeks later...

The Love love-in over in the park was a beautiful thing. It caught the breath of all the gathered musos ready to rip to shreds anything inappropriate. Normally unflappable lads were bags of jangly nerves beforehand. Proper pressure. Hit every note though and did it in style. All hands were heroes. And then Mick Head looking better than ever and sounding ridiculously brilliant at writing brilliant songs. Magic. That field won't be the same again.

saw Joey Badass the other day. It was great, although weird watching an audience of primarily white kids wearing backwards baseball caps.

It was one of those moments where you're watching someone on the cusp - he's either going on to be massive, or this is his pinnacle - and enjoying the f*** out of it. He had all of his mates on stage, the breakdance-subway-car guys who were f***ing excellent, Flatbush Zombies doing a few songs & stuff. It was like organized chaos and great to see.

Also got tickets for Primal Scream on 1 Nov & looking at 'A night of Nina Simone' hosted by DFA records - so people like Juan McLean, Nancy Whang etc doing Nina Simone stuff