By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Gigs 2014+

Will

I'm such a f***ing g******* I was looking for glamping options which means despite 15 years in Ireland I am still a middle aged english t***.

I'll talk myself into this yet tho

Got a tent you’re welcome to borrow if you don’t want to bring one over. Green Man 3 years ago was the last time it got used :)

Went to see Gruff Rhys last night at Clwb Ifor Bach in Cardiff. Gig was connected to the 6 Music Independent Venue Week so it was free (bucket donation to Children In Need) and they turned it into a local band showcase with another 7 bands. Music ranged from a Craig David-lite, to an ex-pat Canadian playing Bluegrass to a young female rock band called Panic Shack 

The way they did it worked really well. The venue's got 2 rooms so they split the bands over both rooms, so within 5 mins of a band finishing in one room the next one started in the other room. Meant we saw music pretty much continuously from 1830 to Gruff finishing just before midnight.

Gruff was excellent - played the whole of Pang plus a load of stuff from his other albums and a couple of songs that I think dated from Ffa Coffi Pawb, the band that pre-dated the Super Furries. That gig meant that Gruff's played Clwb in various guises in each of the last 5 decades, which makes me feel really f***ing old.

I may well take you up on that, thanks that's a great offer though for me the bigger thing is staying in one, I could probably do a night either side at yours so yeah I'm pretty likely to do this.

You'd be very welcome - just get yourself a blow-up mattress and you'll be fine :)

I must be in a minority but I was disappointed with the Green Man line up. Headliners don't have the same gravitas as previous years. Caribou are great and I can see the appeal of Michael Kiwanuka, but Little Dragon and Mac Demarco?

I must be in a minority but I was disappointed with the Green Man line up. Headliners don't have the same gravitas as previous years. Caribou are great and I can see the appeal of Michael Kiwanuka, but Little Dragon and Mac Demarco?

I'm with you. It's not as good as previous years.

That said I would love to see Michael Kiwanuka. His album 'Kiwanuka' is my favourite album from last year.

I'm not particularly arsed about the headliners, I wouldn't go out of my way to watch any of them - as was the case last year. I'm excited about Gruff Rhys, Lankum, This Is The Kit, Nap Eyes, Lucinda WIlliams, (Sandy) Alex G, Ty Segall, LUMP (especially if they do some Laura Marling solo stuff) and Richard Dawson.

As usual some of the most enjoyable stuff last year was on the stages that aren't even covered by that lineup.