Sign in to follow this  
Molby

staying at Anfield or moving

And the view that the majority of people on the waiting list (that's 30,000) are already going the game regularly so you can't take that into account. 

Discounting the fact it's from RAWK - it's quite an interesting POV though. Be interesting to know how many people on the list are borrowing STs or getting tickets via the membership scheme etc. Admittedly someone getting their own ST frees up the avenues they're using now for other people etc 

I think it's a very valid point for discussion - how many on the list already go? How many are on there but will turn down a ticket if/when they reach the front of the queue?

I think it's a very valid point for discussion - how many on the list already go? How many are on there but will turn down a ticket if/when they reach the front of the queue?

Wasn't it about 10% this time? 2000 new STs and then people from 2001-2200 were getting 2nd chance invites weren't they?

I've seen the hospitality visuals for the main stand, there's loads of stuff going in there, different levels of dining, conference room, lounges,

I'd just like to say, I saw them first...

What about all the people who've wanted to join since they closed the list?

What about all the people who couldn't ever be arsed as it looked endless? Myself incuded

What about all the people who'd like to take in a game as part of a trip to the city as you would a Barcelona game?

Why don't we aim to be bigger than the list anyway?

Why are Man City expanding their ground when they never fill theirs?

AMBITION

Not many at all, I've just been there.

What about all the people who couldn't ever be arsed as it looked endless? Myself incuded

What about all the people who'd like to take in a game as part of a trip to the city as you would a Barcelona game?

AMBITION

zactly

they will just offer it to mates/family if they can't have it for whatever reason

I have had a few mates over recent seasons ask me if I would go halves on a season ticket and its not even theirs in the first place, its someone else's that has been passed along.. 

Can't see many at all turning around to the club and saying 'no thanks'

AMBITION

And how much of this is calculated according to current pricing structures? There's so much more elasticity to potential capacity when we aren't talking fifty quid a cover.

It is, I don't disagree with that either, but the way it is worded over there is suggestive that there isn't a waiting list at all. Which I don't think is true either.

The other thing is there doesn't seem to have been any investigation into what the take up on season tickets would be if there was a lot more capacity, and therefore the prices were lower. 

Edit: JA has done it for me. 

They should be able to compare the waiting list with the people on the membership list to see who regularly attends at the moment. This won't tell them who's on the list and goes using someone else's season ticket that's been shared or passed down but you would guess that they would take a ticket in their own name given the chance.

Part of the reasoning behind people doubting the extension of the Anfield Road goes back to an interview that Ayre gave saying that it's unlikely that any development without a significant proportion coming from corporate would be unlikely to be considered cost effective - and the ARE development as first shown didn't have that corporate element. It's interesting if they are re-considering the design as there is no reason why they couldn't have corporate facilities in there. Maybe they think that the away fans being there would make it difficult to sell but they could always look to sell a proportion to the away team on a match by match basis?

And how much of this is calculated according to current pricing structures? There's so much more elasticity to potential capacity when we aren't talking fifty quid a cover.

Aye that too.

Tottenham are building their new one with safe standing in mind for the future. That too.

This expansion will increase the capacity to 53,783. Looking at attendances at Anfield over the years the last time it was this big was on 3rd May 1977 against the Mancs, with 53046 turning up. Taken almost 40 years to see Anfield this big again.

Our highest recorded gates

FA Cup - 61,905 Vs Wolves 

League - 58,757 Vs Chelsea

Europe - 55,104 Vs Barcelona

I'm ok with the rest of the ground waiting a season or two until we sort ourselves out as a football club first. Players, coaches academy etc.

I'm ok with the rest of the ground waiting a season or two until we sort ourselves out as a football club first. Players, coaches academy etc.[/quote

Yeah cos that's exactly how it's gonna play out

That's just what FSG are thinking, hence the amount of effort going in to coaching, players, academy etc and then they'll be poised to act swifter than a cobra striking its prey when it comes to building the next stand

f***ing hell lad have a think before you post up utter s***e

I'm ok with the rest of the ground waiting a season or two until we sort ourselves out as a football club first. Players, coaches academy etc.

Are you messing?! They've had 5 years. We've got loads of sponsors though. 

Are they going to knock out that existing concrete of the old main stand and replace it or just put new seats on it?

I think I read they were keeping it but doing stabilising work on it

I think I read they were keeping it but doing stabilising work on it

My cousin's firm Clan are the contractors that did this, they put a new base in last summer then replaced the seats temporarily.

I only know what I've said, the appetite isn't there from FSG as the return on the investment will take much longer for LFC to pay them back, due to the seat in the AR being majority general admission rather than the higher number of corporate in the new main.

Haven't got anything to show you where it says this, but I've spoken to the CEO of one of the companies partnering the Anfield regen and he said it doesn't look likely. I haven't heard any noises that go against this, and I do ask people about it all the time. Maybe they're waiting to see whether it's sold out every game next season, there's all sorts of factors which could lead to a change in appetite, but this is where we are I believe.

I think I'm fine with that. The paint isn't dry on the new stand, I think it's alright, waiting to see what our numbers are before lashing another £150m on another massive, disruptive (for us) building project. I also think comparisons with City are pointless - the Etihad is a massive, sh*t, rarely full stadium that they got for free and is currently owned by people a million times richer than FSG. 

I get the ire toward FSG, but when the gist of it is "why aren't they richer?" I get uncomfortable. I'd like them to be richer too, but I'd rather they focused their money on backing Klopp than a stand we're not currently sure we need.