By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

No Win No Fee

AC

I look after a few commercial properties. This time last year a lady slipped outside an office, all legitimate, we were both happy to settle ASAP and make sure everything was ok.

Then her solicitors got 'involved'. She required some dental work, which they made the most of, causing delay and discomfort for their 'client'.

Anyway finally settled today - £2.5k to the lady, £7.8k to the scumbag solicitors! Our insurance company now tells us to admit any clients within 28 days as this means the solicitors aren't entitled to any (or modest) fees. Hopefully it drives the evil ones out of business!

Same sort of thing happening to me currently. I ever so slightly bumped into a girl's car reversing out of a parking space ages ago, f*** all damage, not even a scuff, and her solicitors are claiming £15K damage and injuries.

f***in combination of west Belfast claim culture and ambulance chasing shysters.

Same sort of thing happening to me currently. I ever so slightly bumped into a girl's car reversing out of a parking space ages ago, f*** all damage, not even a scuff, and her solicitors are claiming £15K damage and injuries.

f***in combination of west Belfast claim culture and ambulance chasing shysters.

But according to you, the insurers will refuse to pay up.

I look after a few commercial properties. This time last year a lady slipped outside an office, all legitimate, we were both happy to settle ASAP and make sure everything was ok.

Then her solicitors got 'involved'. She required some dental work, which they made the most of, causing delay and discomfort for their 'client'.

Anyway finally settled today - £2.5k to the lady, £7.8k to the scumbag solicitors! Our insurance company now tells us to admit any clients within 28 days as this means the solicitors aren't entitled to any (or modest) fees. Hopefully it drives the evil ones out of business!

the rules have changed on referrals - solicitors cannot pay for them (unless they find a way around this, which they often do)

and in theory, the maximum that solicitors can charge for fees to the other side has also dropped significantly and again, word on the street is that they have found away around this too

But according to you, the insurers will refuse to pay up.

Well, the solicitors now involved on my side are basically calling her a liar and there's no liability. It's just that more insurance/law firms should take a more f*** you stance with chancers, rather than being so willing to settle a case.

Well, the solicitors now involved on my side are basically calling her a liar and there's no liability. It's just that more insurance/law firms should take a more f*** you stance with chancers, rather than being so willing to settle a case.

What about genuine cases? Every liable party thinks the other person is a chancer.

"The system" is at fault though, isn;'t it?

Like the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) ... if you, as a retail customer, take a complaint to FOS, the institution you are complaining about will get a bill for £500, irrespective of the validity of their claim. So, in theory, people could regularly take bullsh*t complaints to FOS and the institution they are targeting will get repeated bills for £500 ... or. alternatively, someone complaining to a financial institution and claiming less than £500 is highly likely to get paid out (every time) ... it's cheaper for the institution to pay the customer and stop the claim going to FOS, it makes commercial sense for them to do so.

Of course I am not suggesting that anyone on here should do such a thing ...

First rule of insurance...Don't pay out.

It's just that more insurance/law firms should take a more f*** you stance with chancers, rather than being so willing to settle a case.

Make your f*cking mind up, you dim witted c*ck.

Make your f*cking mind up, you dim witted c*ck.

Having to deal with insurance companies is usually like swimming against a tide of c****.

Car insurers work differently unless someone's obviously being a chancer, like makng out their boot was f***ed from a slight prang which photos of my bumper backs up.

Having to deal with insurance companies is usually like swimming against a tide of c****.

Car insurers work differently unless someone's obviously being a chancer, like makng out their boot was f***ed from a slight prang which photos of my bumper backs up.

Maybe it's the insurance cover you've been taking out.