Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Disorderly

Brendan Rodgers, Our ex-Manager

What's the next level though? West Ham with new stadium? Southampton? Their fans despise him. Spurs won't hire a failed Liverpool manager. Think Newcastle would suit him perfectly.

It's an interesting question. He's found himself in the Moyes no mans land. There's nowhere to go really that isnt down unless he got the spurs job.

He might have to go abroad to move sideways in order to move up.

Newcastle or Villa would be a terrible idea for him. Basically anchor him to the bottom of the sea.

He needs somewhere where he'll get European experience, I can't see him getting another big gig unless he improves his record in Europe.

Celtic would be ideal, but then I think everyone who fails should just go to Celtic.

He needs somewhere where he'll get European experience, I can't see him getting another big gig unless he improves his record in Europe.

Celtic would be ideal, but then I think everyone who fails should just go to Celtic.

I could go and manage celtic.

Think he's more suited to a Watford, Bournemouth or even Norwich, where there won't be too much pressure on him. So his options will be limited. He might be better off doing what Moyes did in terms of managing abroad.

I could see him land the spurs job or even England when they become vacant.

Or at least Southampton or west ham. Mid level teams who might be going somewhere.

Yeah spurs were interested in him before . Not sure if they still will be after his time here. Don't think he's going get better than someone like spurs until he proves he can do it at that level. May be required to start again lower down.

It's an interesting question. He's found himself in the Moyes no mans land. There's nowhere to go really that isnt down unless he got the spurs job.

Newcastle or Villa would be a terrible idea for him. Basically anchor him to the bottom of the sea.

I would say Spurs is down from Liverpool, but then I admit I'm biased. (yeah I know they've finished above us 5/6 years, but that's partly the reason he was sacked)

He apparently turned down spurs when he took the job in the first place.

He's failed at Liverpool so of course his next job is a step down. Don't think Spurs will be recruiting for a while, so he's either waiting for a Southampton or the like to have their manager poached by a bigger club, or take over a Newcastle / Villa whist they are in the sh*t and get them back into Europe.

I have no idea what his level is though. Given what he did in 2014 I can sort of see him doing really well at a club full of superstars such as chelsea, as long as he wasn't responsible for buying them which he wouldn't be, but then I am not convinced he's actually 'a winner' given his record in big cup ties and must win matches with us, so he might continually fail at the latter stages. Not sure I can see him turning around dysfunctional clubs like Newcastle / Villa either, just can't reconcile his 'philosophy' with the type of player he signed / tried to sign.

I'm sure he'll get loads of offers though and won't need to go abroad unless he chooses to.

I'm uneasy with the suggestion that going from Liverpool to Spurs isn't a step down

A club where defence is an afterthought

Wenger had the perfect defence to build on when he arrived at Arsenal and has struggled to implement similar or more expansive systems ever since. Also suffered from goalkeeper issues. Rodgers will need a club with stronger, more competent defensive players than Newcastle

I'm uneasy with the suggestion that going from Liverpool to Spurs isn't a step down

Club stature yes, but whether you're uneasy or not here is the harsh truth in terms of our league positions for past 6 seasons:

Season Division Pl W D L Goals For Goals Against GD Pts Pos

2009-10 PR 38 18 9 11 61 35 26 63 7

2010-11 PR 38 17 7 14 59 44 15 58 6

2011-12 PR 38 14 10 14 47 40 7 52 8

2012-13 PR 38 16 13 9 71 43 28 61 7

2013-14 PR 38 26 6 6 101 50 51 84 2

2014-15 PR 38 18 8 12 52 48 4 62 6

Aside from 2013-14, we've been pathetic in the league.

Edited by RafaShanks

Nah, Villa and Newcastle are probably his level.

west ham would have been good for him

He'll never get another top 4 job, maybe spurs at a push

He loves Chelsea so much why doesn't he marry them

c

This.

Avram Grant as DOF and him as coach.

Would be great.

Edited by Benzo-13

His best bet is to go abroad and re-establish himself. If FDB leaves Ajax at the end of the season as he appears to want, that might be a decent move for him. Gives him the chance to get some trophies on the board.

I could see him land the spurs job or even England when they become vacant.

Or at least Southampton or west ham. Mid level teams who might be going somewhere.

Swansea?

Yes, but they were f***in' Spurs in all six of those seasons.

It's less of a reflection of what spurs have done and far more about how insignificant we've been for too long.

Monk is doing a better than than Rodgers ever did.

Yeah he's not getting back to Swansea soon. I do think he would be better picking a similar team to Swansea though and rebuilding his reputation.

We're obviously a bigger job than Spurs, doesn't matter where they are in the league.

Just as the Milan job is always going to be bigger than Napoli or Roma.

We're obviously a bigger job than Spurs, doesn't matter where they are in the league.

Just as the Milan job is always going to be bigger than Napoli or Roma.

we're one of the biggest jobs in football,but also one of the most challenging at the moment

It's less of a reflection of what spurs have done and far more about how insignificant we've been for too long.

If we were relegated and managed by Sam Allardyce, and Spurs won the title and were all wearing new hats and new shoes, I'd still disagree with you, because whatever way you cut it, they're Spurs, and we're Liverpool.

What is this clamour for threads to be closed or moved all about?

If you don't want to read, then don't.

If you don't want to comment, then don't.

Exercise some self-control.

.. fair do's.. just hate coming onto the forum and seeing a thread that is tinged with such negative recent memories! especially when threads about Brendan are above threads on Klopp when all I want to read about is how Pool are going to do under Klopp..

Ice in your veins

:cold: