Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Disorderly

Brendan Rodgers, Our ex-Manager

Based on that article, I'm more into the transfer committee's choices than Rodgers' - which are basically the same type of players Hodgson would want to buy.

Based on that article, I'm more into the transfer committee's choices than Rodgers' - which are basically the same type of players Hodgson would want to buy.

its hard to know exactly who picks the players. That article clearly picks the players who most fans are on the fence over and writes an article around it. If it's all true then it doesn't paint Rodgers in a great light but it's hard to know exactly what has happened.

Remember history is written by the winners and right now that's fsg as Rodgers has gone.

The only manager Ive been happy to see leave is Hodgson. No joy seeing Brendan go but it's definitely the right decision. If he had been allowed continue we'd never have been more than a couple of defeats away from the next crisis.

Ancelotti has ruled himself out according to the Sunday Express.

Only he hasn't has he? Just said he hasn't had an offer,with the Express running a misleading headline

That Vine of Klopp laughing maniacally and saying 'what a pity' gets me going. He's like some sort of giant, evil mastermind. I'd be hugely excited if he comes here.

How the f*** is me posting that the Liverpool echo are saying Klopp is first choice to replace Rodgers the same as posting something that some pretend itk is saying on Twitter?

Other papers are saying the club will talk to Klopp as well. Not sure what you're whinging at me for tbh.

How the f*** is me posting that the Liverpool echo are saying Klopp is first choice to replace Rodgers the same as posting something that some pretend itk is saying on Twitter?

Other papers are saying the club will talk to Klopp as well. Not sure what you're whinging at me for tbh.

I'm not whinging at you. Just s***e journalism.

Any critical thought at all can see it's a nothing story by a know nothing journo.

So, no different to the s*** from Twitter.

Probably have a rep for being anti-BR. Never thought he was the best choice, thought he was a gamble we never needed to take with better candidates available. However we are where we are. I am glad he's gone and we can move forward, but I also feel bad for him. I hated RFH, I don't hate Rodgers. I'll clap him when he comes back to Anfield. I am not as convinced as some he'll be a top class manager in 5 or so years, but if he is, fair play. I don't want to watch him learn anymore.

I have also criticised FSG for their dithering, in some ways that we are doing this in October rather than May proves me right, but that they have acted so quickly in the international break proves me wrong. So we'll see. I hope more than anything they have a top class manager lined up in the next couple of days.

Blimey

Wouldn't go that far. Though think Klopp would unite the fans. We've been a divided fan base since early Rafa and I think Klopp (and probably only Klopp, though I could see attraction of Ancelotti even if it does feel short term) could bring that back. He's everthing we want in a manager, he's a winner, he's passionate, he's a nutter, he's sarcy, he's win without being the richest in the league, he's has everything early Rafa had (for the Rafalites) but not actually Rafa (for the anti-Rafas), he's foreign, he touched the sign (ergo he 'gets' us) If he comes, we should have a poll, just for the novelty of seeing an (almost) 100% approval rating

Not entirely convinced it's going to be him though, think any strong manager means the end for the mediocrity, like Ayre, hence it won't happen whilst they have power. Though, maybe the piss-poor advice to stick with BR in May means they will no longer have that power.

Fingers crossed though...

What's Ancelotti's track record like without taking on a team of world beaters and then spending a fortune?

Something of a fair weather coach vibe about him I don't like.

What's Ancelotti's track record like without taking on a team of world beaters and then spending a fortune?

Something of a fair weather coach vibe about him I don't like.

Has he coached a non-star team? He played in the Milan team with Baresi et al, was groomed to coach it and did, inheriting Maldini and the other greats, then had stints at Chelsea, PSG and Madrid. My impression of him, based on his contacts with Liverpool, are him being tactically out-thought by Benitez and Dalglish (and even Hodgson had his scalp).

Tony Evans silent on twitter. Has he been on any radio/tv tonight? If we get Klopp he could end up looking a right pillock.

Not for the first time.

Has he coached a non-star team? He played in the Milan team with Baresi et al, was groomed to coach it and did, inheriting Maldini and the other greats, then had stints at Chelsea, PSG and Madrid. My impression of him, based on his contacts with Liverpool, are him being tactically out-thought by Benitez and Dalglish (and even Hodgson had his scalp).

That's unfair - he does have three European Cups.

You could level the argument against him that given the resources, he hasn't won as many league titles as he should have - particularly considering stints at Juventus and AC Milan. On the other hand, other than a brief stint in Spain, he's won titles everywhere else.

Probably have a rep for being anti-BR. Never thought he was the best choice, thought he was a gamble we never needed to take with better candidates available. However we are where we are. I am glad he's gone and we can move forward, but I also feel bad for him. I hated RFH, I don't hate Rodgers. I'll clap him when he comes back to Anfield. I am not as convinced as some he'll be a top class manager in 5 or so years, but if he is, fair play. I don't want to watch him learn anymore.

I have also criticised FSG for their dithering, in some ways that we are doing this in October rather than May proves me right, but that they have acted so quickly in the international break proves me wrong. So we'll see. I hope more than anything they have a top class manager lined up in the next couple of days.

Wouldn't go that far. Though think Klopp would unite the fans. We've been a divided fan base since early Rafa and I think Klopp (and probably only Klopp, though I could see attraction of Ancelotti even if it does feel short term) could bring that back. He's everthing we want in a manager, he's a winner, he's passionate, he's a nutter, he's sarcy, he's win without being the richest in the league, he's has everything early Rafa had (for the Rafalites) but not actually Rafa (for the anti-Rafas), he's foreign, he touched the sign (ergo he 'gets' us) If he comes, we should have a poll, just for the novelty of seeing an (almost) 100% approval rating

Not entirely convinced it's going to be him though, think any strong manager means the end for the mediocrity, like Ayre, hence it won't happen whilst they have power. Though, maybe the piss-poor advice to stick with BR in May means they will no longer have that power.

Fingers crossed though...

This - to everything.

As much as I've come across as a "BR-hater", I don't wish the guy ill. But nor do I wish him well - I'm indifferent to him now that he is gone. I do not think he'll ever become a top manager, and I never saw that in him. But if he does come back to Anfield as a manager of an opposition team, I certainly won't be booing him - I do not think he was a good fit for us at Liverpool.

I also agree completely re: Klopp. He has all the makings of a Rafa - passion, fire, fight and has done it with a 'lesser' team up against giants.

I'm not whinging at you. Just s**** journalism.

Any critical thought at all can see it's a nothing story by a know nothing journo.

So, no different to the s*** from Twitter.

Bizarre.

Yeah,I remember not being convinced about signing Sturridge, but wanting Clint Dempsey over him is a bit odd.

Edited by Swipe

Ancellotti built his rep with that special Parma side of the late 90's. Then had a bad spell at Juve (face didn't fit) before he went to Milan (who had that whole Milan Lab setup to keep eye on aging players).

Yep

Yep

The thing is, even Roy Hodgson had sense not to pay 20m for Konchesky...

I do hope BR gets a good job though - something like a Newcastle or whatever I think he could rebuild his reputation. I think for a side like that, he'll do well with them.