Brendan Rodgers, Our ex-Manager

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sevilla’s obsessive Unai Emery has his eye on another Europa League title

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/27/sevilla-manager-europa-league-final-unai-emery?CMP=share_btn_tw

good read by Sid Lowe and a bit of an insight as to how he works

Very interesting article that. He seems Rafaesque in his intensive approach to analysis.

Sevilla are currently leading Dnipro 2-1 in the Europa final. If i was him i wouldnt dream of managing us anyway. Id stay in the warmth, and more than likely, the champions league.

This means he was the same age as me at the time of Istanbul. Jesus.

ancelotti and rafa are the same age. so they were both 45 in istanbul. not sure if this helps like. though i reckon you and them did very different half times.

I wish I hadn't mentioned it now.

yeah behind events here.

that said, carlo ancelotti was a hell of a player by the way. among current top managers him and guardiola are streets ahead of most in terms of what they did on the pitch. luis enrique wasn't too bad i suppose. reckon that still pisses mourinho off.

Edited by Stevie H

ancelotti and rafa are the same age. so they were both 45 in istanbul. not sure if this helps like. though i reckon you and them did very different half times.

yeah behind events here.

that said, carlo ancelotti was a hell of a player by the way. among current top managers him and guardiola are streets ahead of most in terms of what they did on the pitch. luis enrique wasn't too bad i suppose. reckon that still pisses mourinho off.

Never realised Ancelotti played against us in 84. He'd have every reason to hate us, really!

But yeah, good player, good manager and seems like a good guy. Very much a traditional Liverpool manager in many ways.

I used to think the same about Capello but he proved himself to be a bit of a t** with England.

Edited by kop205

Never realised Ancelotti played against us in 84. He'd have every reason to hate us, really!

But yeah, good player, good manager and seems like a good guy. Very much a traditional Liverpool manager in many ways.

I used to think the same about Capello but he proved himself to be a bit of a t** with England.

don't think he did in 84 mate? he was a better player at milan when he was older though, played with donadoni, gullit, rijkaard etc. he was boss in that side though, made the dutchies look good.

don't think he did in 84 mate? he was a better player at milan when he was older though, played with donadoni, gullit, rijkaard etc. he was boss in that side though, made the dutchies look good.

Yeah, you're right, he wasn't in the matchday squad but was at Roma and played in earlier rounds, dunno if he was injured.

I'd just kind of assumed he was always at Milan

Edit - right, injured, cheers Pip

Edited by kop205

just googled it, roma had 9 italians and 2 brasilians. we had english, irish, scottish, welsh and zimbabwean.

had a chat tonight with a dutch mate about the '95 european cup final when ajax beat milan. we're never going to see that again. back then there was the 3 non-domestic player rule. sort of levelled the playing field somewhat. ajax now have no chance of getting anywhere near. how the times change.

No. I think Benitez just took him aside and told him about when he was at Valencia, if someone stepped out of line or the squad just needed a bit of a rocket he'd get one of the Argentinean lads to kick off in the changies and implied that he'd be happy for Carragher to do the same.

Every team needs some Argentinian lads to kick off.

Its relentless now

You're relentless

just googled it, roma had 9 italians and 2 brasilians. we had english, irish, scottish, welsh and zimbabwean.

had a chat tonight with a dutch mate about the '95 european cup final when ajax beat milan. we're never going to see that again. back then there was the 3 non-domestic player rule. sort of levelled the playing field somewhat. ajax now have no chance of getting anywhere near. how the times change.

kangaroo treated like a dog

Looked aussie, sounded aussie, born in SA? Brought up in Australia I think, he went back there to look after his sister and that?

oh aye, my oversight. just looked at the flags on wiki without thinking of the actual line-up and him being there. 100% aussie i think. skippy being a hint like.

Capelllo has always been aloof and has always had the tendency to be a bad loser and lose him temper from time to time. Ancelotti has always been a man of few words and a gentleman. He was not treated well by Juventus when they ditched him yet he never bad-mouthed them.