Brendan Rodgers, Our ex-Manager

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

De Boer, Klopp, Ancelotti are the 3 faves in the odds.

All won a league title in the last few years.

That'd be Klopp that is taking 6 months off and Ancelotti that is having spinal surgery. So they seem remote.

De Boer might be an option. He's been mentioned before re FSG.

That'd be Klopp that is taking 6 months off and Ancelotti that is having spinal surgery. So they seem remote.

De Boer might be an option. He's been mentioned before re FSG.

Don't know how this 6 month thing has taken off with no sources.

We probably wouldn't get Klopp yeah, but if we were ambitious enough you never know.

The air of negativity has affected the fans. We were one game from winning the league last year, we've not become Newcastle over night.

Don't know how this 6 month thing has taken off with no sources.

We probably wouldn't get Klopp yeah, but if we were ambitious enough you never know.

The air of negativity has affected the fans. We were one game from winning the league last year, we've not become Newcastle over night.

we're not even that good, Mike Ashley is a better owner aswell

Mike Gordon FSG profile: The man with Brendan Rodgers' Liverpool FC life in his hands
20:42, 26 MAY 2015
BY JAMES PEARCE
Just who is the man who will decide Brendan Rodgers' fate at Liverpool FC?
He's the man who has Brendan Rodgers’ future in his hands.
Mike Gordon is tasked with leading the end of season review which will determine whether Rodgers continues as manager following a disastrous campaign for Liverpool.
The 50-year-old American has become an increasingly important figure at Anfield over the past three years but most Kopites wouldn’t know him if they bumped into him.
He doesn’t give interviews. He doesn’t have a public profile and that’s how he likes it - out of the limelight.
Gordon is essentially responsible, alongside chief executive Ian Ayre, for the day to day running of Liverpool. However, his role extends way beyond simply reporting back to Boston-based principal owner John W Henry and chairman Tom Werner.
He is Fenway Sports Group’s second largest shareholder with around 12%. Only Henry (around 40%) holds a bigger stake in an organisation which has the Boston Red Sox and Liverpool among its lucrative business interests.
Gordon, who grew up in Milwaukee but moved to Boston as a student, is married with four children. He enjoyed a hugely successful career in finance prior to getting involved with FSG.
He worked for American multinational financial services corporation Fidelity in the 90s before founding the hedge fund Vinik Asset Management with Jeffrey Vinik in 1996. When they shut it down in 2013 it had assets in excess of $6billion.
Gordon, who had started out selling popcorn at Milwaukee Brewers matches, always had a passion for baseball and in 2002 he joined up with FSG when they purchased the Red Sox.
For years he was a limited partner but that changed following FSG’s takeover of Liverpool in October 2010.
Gordon was installed on the club’s board of directors and since 2012, when he increased his stake in FSG, he has spent more and more of his time on this side of the Atlantic.
A year ago Henry and Werner recognised that increased influence by giving him the title of FSG president.
Gordon is the most senior member of the club’s much maligned transfer committee and has been heavily involved in the Main Stand redevelopment. He is also a trustee of the Liverpool FC Foundation.
“Mike is well known among professional investors as being one of the brightest financial minds in the country,” Henry told the Boston Globe back in March.
“So he is involved in virtually all of our important financial discussions and decisions.
“He spent his career essentially buying businesses through choosing stocks. He understands present value, all of the financial issues that exist in an organization as wide and diverse as this is.
“He is by far FSG America’s most knowledgeable person with regard to soccer and is involved on the football side daily in constant communication with the members of our football committee and our manager. He took a lead role just about the same time as we brought in Brendan Rodgers.”
Former business partner Vinik, who now owns Tampa Bay Lightning ice hockey team, added: “Mike Gordon is one of the best human beings you could possibly meet.
“He’s very smart, very thoughtful and really outstanding at solving problems and finding solutions to difficult issues.”
What happens over the coming weeks and months will put that glowing tribute to the test.
At the end of a torrid season, Liverpool are in a mess and Gordon is tasked with putting plans in place to sort it out.
He’s the man Rodgers must convince that he deserves the opportunity to put right what’s gone horribly wrong.

banker...

Spinal surgery wouldn't necessarily rule out ancelotti unless the surgery is very complex. Which I doubt given he's seemingly walking around etc. Or unless there was an underlying cause for his need to have spinal surgery beyond a mechanical issue.

'The club has conducted a thorough review of last season, making a full assessment of player recruitment and development on the pitch. Brendan Rodgers has played an active role in this exercise and has confirmed that he shares our view that performance across all elements of club activity was unacceptable for a club of this stature. We are confident that lessons have been learned and have full confidence in Brendan and the players to ensure that next season will see the team fight to ensure that this storied club refers to the very top where it belongs. We will now get on to Southampton to see if they have any players we can spun 50 million quid on once Sterling f***s off. YNWA. '

Edited by psl

Spinal surgery wouldn't necessarily rule out ancelotti unless the surgery is very complex. Which I doubt given he's seemingly walking around etc. Or unless there was an underlying cause for his need to have spinal surgery beyond a mechanical issue.

It sounds like it's something quite serious. He's having it to prevent further problems. It's already started to affect his arms (I think).

Mike Gordon FSG profile: The man with Brendan Rodgers' Liverpool FC life in his hands
20:42, 26 MAY 2015
BY JAMES PEARCE
Just who is the man who will decide Brendan Rodgers' fate at Liverpool FC?
He's the man who has Brendan Rodgers’ future in his hands.
Mike Gordon is tasked with leading the end of season review which will determine whether Rodgers continues as manager following a disastrous campaign for Liverpool.
“He is by far FSG America’s most knowledgeable person with regard to soccer and is involved on the football side daily in constant communication with the members of our football committee and our manager. He took a lead role just about the same time as we brought in Brendan Rodgers.”
He’s the man Rodgers must convince that he deserves the opportunity to put right what’s gone horribly wrong.

Brendan will bulls*** him. Doesn't say much when he's FSG's football lead. Like me being most knowledgable about House Of Cards, just because I've read a wiki page, against 2 other people that haven't.

I think you're confusing two things

My hatred for Rafa - which is imaginary because I don't hate Rafa

and my hatred for people who keep bringing him up again and again as the only manager we should turn to - which is real because I absolutely do hate it when people do this.

He is a legitimate potential candidate and worthy of mention though along with klopp, DeBoer etc

everyone posting "brendan will bullsh*t him", stop it and have a word with yourselves. our 'end of season review' is being carried out by FSG's most knowledgeable soccer guy and it's a f***ing hedge fund manager. we have bigger problems than who is the team manager right now.

everyone posting "brendan will bullsh*t him", stop it and have a word with yourselves. our 'end of season review' is being carried out by FSG's most knowledgeable soccer guy and it's a f***ing hedge fund manager. we have bigger problems than who is the team manager right now.

Who was that Scottish team some of us including wayne, Charlie etc were talking about having an away day to a few years back. Had ties to shanks. They had a hedge behind the goal. Maybe fsg read a little bit too much into our Storied history when they appointed him.

Don't you agree Rodgers needs to go?

Regardless of the other issues.

Don't you agree Rodgers needs to go?

Regardless of the other issues.

i think he probably does, yes. almost certainly in fact. but am finding the negative attitudes and snide abuse being lobbed at him really annoying. he deserves and has earned more respect than many are giving him. he goes by all means. but he's done enough with the correct attitude to be able to go with dignity and not sly digs left, right and centre.

but how do you separate getting rid of him from the people who are getting rid of him? i don't trust them to replace him correctly, i don't trust their approach, intentions, methods and capabilities. so when people say "he'll bullsh*t them" i'd ask how do you bullsh*t a bullsh*tter? because if he does stay in the job it won't be his fault, it'll be theirs and theirs alone.

Brendan needs to go, but not if they are going to replace him with Monks, Koeman or someone at that level.

They won't

Gordon is on the transfer committee isn't he? So how the hell can he grill Rodgers on the summer signings when he must of agreed to them all?

He might asks him why he hasn't played some of them, and played others in an unusual position