Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Disorderly

Brendan Rodgers, Our ex-Manager

Sorry, your humour mistakes me again. Why is that funny? :whoosh:

first line of the defence means the strike

Mignolet would be the last line of the defence

...he is the LAST line of defence, behind him is the net!!

Well maybe I'd like to call him the first :disagree: anyway, you know what I mean :)

TBF, the idea that we have more than one line of defence, or even one line of defence, is not strongly supported with evidence.

You never fail to amaze. :D

Because it doesn't make any sense.

In what way is a goalkeeper the first line of defence?

Rushie used to often be referred to as our first line of defence - how on earth can a keeper be the first line? The last line, yeah maybe.

Well maybe I'd like to call him the first :disagree: anyway, you know what I mean :)

We know what you say is probably the precise opposite of fact/truth, we've learned that much over the years. :D

Edited by RP

Sky Sports Jounro and LFC fan:

Sam Drury ‏@SamDrury11 52m52 minutes ago

Sounds like Rodgers' press briefing (off camera) was a lively one. Should be worth keeping an eye out for the papers later. #LFC

Sam Drury @SamDrury11 · 48m 48 minutes ago

@RaksMistry seems to have had a go at the media.

Is it not just BR being a bit snarky about the media trying to make up crap about Raheem being upset and the contract talks being s***?

Is it not just BR being a bit snarky about the media trying to make up crap about Raheem being upset and the contract talks being s***?

SO LIVELY THOUGH.

It's about time he stopped giving the press so much respect and detail in his answers, they've been s***e about us this year.

I watched the 'live' pre match press conference, well I watched the most abrupt terse short ppc I've ever seen before a match of this stature

perhaps last nights weekly skype meeting didn't go well :popcorn:

Did he talk about focusing on coaching and training his team?

said he wasn't thinking about the transfer window when asked, said very little, the media have been pretty good for him and only started questioning things in the last couple of weeks which you would expect with the way results have gone, some wacky selections and poor performances, seemed very uncomfortable and yes he was in a trackie, not quite sure where his focus is at present though :unsure:

Looks like a man who just had an argument with someone.

Meeting with Ayre, BR and the transfer committee was supposed to be happening sometime this week. I wonder if any of Ayres poison will leak out to the press this weekend.

But Rodgers couldn’t hide his anger at some recent media coverage of the club.

“The other night a British coach playing 3-4-3 – he has probably thrown the team together, he hasn’t really thought about it, he has played seven midfield players,” he added.

“If it was a foreign coach it would probably have been a wonderful tactical idea of playing the game.

“Sterling playing through the middle, what is he doing? Or Markovic wide?

“The key for us trying to get the players in position who can make us effective.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-boss-brendan-rodgers-8320315

Rodgers’ mood on Friday, however, was dark as he held court at Liverpool’s Melwood training retreat. His time with the broadcasters was an unusually short four minutes and 33 seconds, his time was similarly brief when the cameras were off.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2881316/Brendan-Rodgers-dire-need-5-1-win-Arsenal-Arsene-Wenger-heads-place-left-scarred.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

He's probably just a bit fed up with criticism from people who know far less than he does about football.

Then again some supposed Liverpool fans think its acceptable to call him "mental" ...

A lot of stuff about Sanchez in the media. Don't rememberthe same level when we told Arsenal to do one over Suarez.

Is this narrative pointing at Ayre not doing his job properly, or as a swipe at the owners? Or just the media being a bit dull.