By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Brendan Rodgers, Our ex-Manager

Duncan Disorderly

Think the 3-4-3 suits us at the moment, gets all of our best attacking players on the pitch and sets us up better for Pressing their back line and running in behind, certainly more than the 4-2-3-1 with Lambert up front.

As much as you can have a go at Brendan for getting things wrong this season he deserves credit when he gets something right. Obviously it's just a win against Bournemouth but there are signs that we'll fare well with this system until Sturridge returns.

We looked compact all over the pitch. Always lots of options and chains to play through, bornemouth found it difficult to get through the chains when they were in possession as well.

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We looked compact all over the pitch. Always lots of options and chains to play through, bornemouth found it difficult to get through the chains when they were in possession as well.

Erm, I think I got a different stream them, the one I saw had team through on goal several times only to waste their chances. We still like dodgy at the back and porous in midfield. Attack wide, we were better though. Stevie was in reverse and should have been subbed

Thought they were made for us in many ways but you still have to dispatch them and we did so pretty effectively for the most part (albeit that, against the run of play, we gave up some real opportunities to them).

Maybe it is just how they play but there almost seemed an arrogance about them, that they thought they just had to turn up, stroll around, knock a few passes and they'd beat us, as if they are actually better players.

Last thing I wanted was a team who were going to tear into us at 100 miles an hour. Thankfully they didn't do that.

Erm, I think I got a different stream them, the one I saw had team through on goal several times only to waste their chances. We still like dodgy at the back and porous in midfield. Attack wide, we were better though. Stevie was in reverse and should have been subbed

Agreed. They has a similar move to the rooney goal on Sunday. Cut us upon down the sides, our defence was in a line going towads the goal, so the attacker pulled it back. Only this time the smacked it over the bar. However as sunday, our center minds where playing with their b******s on the half way line. Put it this way, welbeck will bury the same chance.

Thought they were made for us in many ways but you still have to dispatch them and we did so pretty effectively for the most part (albeit that, against the run of play, we gave up some real opportunities to them).

Maybe it is just how they play but there almost seemed an arrogance about them, that they thought they just had to turn up, stroll around, knock a few passes and they'd beat us, as if they are actually better players.

Last thing I wanted was a team who were going to tear into us at 100 miles an hour. Thankfully they didn't do that.

Agree with this, imagine if we'd had to play that Oldham side with the big galoot who broke Coates.

He's also hopeful that Lovren will be fit.

That's ok - he's poor but we'll need cover on the bench

As for Mignolet - BR has obviously had enough, which would be ok if Jones was actually a goalkeeper and not some tall geezer with good hair, who has a love of gloves.

BR needs to learn to use what he has available, rather than what looks more and more like some kind of "statement".

I think the dropping of Mignolet is a good thing for BR to do. It shows balls, and that he's not afraid to make tough decisions. Also, as the first line of defence, not knowing what the hell Mignolet was going to do must create doubt in the defenders minds, and therefore affecting the defence

However good/bad Jones is, maybe the defence is more stable within themselves as he may not be as erratic with decisions, therefore the defence feels more comfortable playing in front of him?

I dunno, just throwing ideas out there, but I'm sure we'll get a new keeper very soon now

I think the dropping of Mignolet is a good thing for BR to do. It shows balls, and that he's not afraid to make tough decisions. Also, as the first line of defence, not knowing what the hell Mignolet was going to do must create doubt in the defenders minds, and therefore affecting the defence

However good/bad Jones is, maybe the defence is more stable within themselves as he may not be as erratic with decisions, therefore the defence feels more comfortable playing in front of him?

I dunno, just throwing ideas out there, but I'm sure we'll get a new keeper very soon now

What about wrong decisions?

Mad shout from Rodgers this Jones thing like.

Conceded 3 shockers in 2 games!

I'm sure there are mitigating political reasons for it, but f**k all that, he just should not be starting games for us unless Mignolet has died or something.

Sounds like BR has given a weird presser. Very short apparently, Echo has a full transcript, it's not quite yes / no answers but not far off.

Then a sky journo is saying he gave a 'lively' briefing off camera.

Also, apparently Val Gaal got a bit stroppy with the media when they asked him about Valdes to Liverpool.

Edited by Gomez

Jones seems committed to the "playing percentages" philosophy: dive one of two ways and there's 50% chance you'll dive the right way; dive the wrong way and 100% he's missed it but dive the right way and then that's 0% that he'll stop it ... :unsure:

You keep using that phrase :lol: :lol:

Sounds like BR has given a weird presser. Very short apparently, Echo has a full transcript, it's not quite yes / no answers but not far off.

Then a sky journo is saying he gave a 'lively' briefing off camera.

Also, apparently Val Gaal got a bit stroppy with the media when they asked him about Valdes to Liverpool.

Any more detail on the 'lively' briefing off camera ?